Scope of Work:
The Project Manager will support the management of SoCha’s current USAID portfolio of activities as well as lead select business development opportunities. Responsibilities include:
- Manage the implementation of USAID MEL activities, including both prime and subcontract awards, and serve as the SoCha Home Office primary point of contact for these awards;
- Periodically visit MEL project sites, including those in non-permissive environments, e.g. Nigeria, DRC, etc.
- Guide SoCha project staff to support performance management systems, various evaluation designs (e.g. RCT, process, etc.) and adaptive management;
- Lead technical proposal writing and support the drafting of cost proposals;
- Regularly communicate with USAID, subcontractor and prime holder representatives;
- Design and maintain program management processes in compliance with various USAID procedures and regulations, and
- Other duties as appropriate.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience supporting/managing USAID activities, especially MEL Platforms, as the home office primary point of contact, or equivalent;
- In-depth understanding of the USAID program cycle;
- In-depth understanding of performance management systems, monitoring and evaluation, various evaluation designs and methodologies (e.g. impact, performance, etc.) and adaptive management;
- Proven experience with business development and proposal writing;
- Ability to work unsupervised and provide remote mentoring support to staff across the world;
- Strong English and analytical writing skills;
- Intermediate or advanced level proficiency in the use of standard desktop applications;
- Understanding of USAID approval processes, such as travel and consultant approvals;
- Facilitation skills (virtual and in person) beneficial, and
- Proficiency in other languages beneficial, especially French.*Qualified applicants may be subject to a writing test, supervised remotely.*
Africa or Asia. Preference will be given to candidates who reside in, or are willing to relocate to, Mauritius, Nairobi, or Bangkok. SoCha is able to ensure a relevant occupational permit in all three locations, as well as cover select relocation expenses to the Mauritius location*.*
How to apply
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should lodge an application and their CV (in English) via the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/monitoring-evaluation-learning-project-manager-various-locations-2021-10-06/
Applications close 30 Nov 2021 however shortlisting will be on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.