Position: Mental Health & Psychosocial Support Officer About You:
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
This position will be working closely with Emergency Sexual Reproductive Health (ESRH) outreach teams in mobile clinics, supporting internally displaced people and the host community with an aim to;
- Improve the beneficiaries’ mental health well being and psychosocial conditions
- Supporting the Primary Health Care Services (PHCS) medical team by providing guidance and capacity building for the implementation of qualitative psychosocial care and mental health activities
- Assisting the community volunteers (CVs) in the identification of beneficiaries in need of specific psychological counseling and ensuring individual or group support for identified beneficiaries
With overall guidance from area program managers, the position will be directly supervised by the emergency outreach coordinator
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
Objective 1: Improving the beneficiaries’ mental health well-being and psychosocial condition
- Implementing psychosocial activities and providing psychological consultations on regular basis.
- Ensure all work with clients is confidential and that ethical practices are observed.
- Document client data accurately in the intake forms and ensure they are under lock and key.
- Ensure that the MH Data Tool is accurately updated on a regular basis.
- Participate in the interpretation of the analyzed data on trends.
- Participate in the preparation of accurate reports for all Psycho-social related activities.
- Assess the beneficiaries’ psychological condition by using psychological tools to detect the vulnerable cases and ensure psychological follow-up.
- Actively participate in weekly supervision meetings.
- Assist in the development of referral networks between partners implementing GBV and implementation of referral pathways.
- Participate in conducting training for medical and non-medical staff on Mental Health related topics.
- Support the Hygiene & Health promoters to identify beneficiaries with vulnerabilities and to properly refer them to the MH worker
- Conducting regular Awareness raising sessions with target communities within IDP sites and Health Facilities.
- Managing the activities of Community volunteers through regular follow-up.
Objective 2: Supporting the emergency SRH outreach teams by providing guidance and capacity building for the implementation of qualitative psychosocial care and mental health activities
- support the ESRH team to identify appropriate training and provide them regular training on Mental Health & Psych-Social Support (MHPSS).
Objective 3: Reports and project development:
- Producing timely progress reports, including both quantitative and qualitative information, on MHPSS activities and clinical case studies
- To maintain good socio-professional relationships with national and international partners
- To attend training when required
- To attend team meetings and give qualitative inputs
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Strictly respect the confidentiality of data, and property of beneficiaries and respect confidentiality regarding the content of clinical interviews, except when exchanging information with the medical team in charge and within a professional frame
Qualification and experience required:
- Qualification required:· Diploma or College Degree in Clinical Psychology, PsychiatrySkills required:
· Minimum one year of experience in a similar position
Personal skills required:
- Fluent in the local language,
- Work as a team player and has flexibility in his/her work
- He/she can work independently and innovatively to develop and implement supervision and training activities that help expand community participation
- Experience working in humanitarian emergency settings is an asset
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Previous training or experience in counseling skills is a plus
Number of Position: (06)
Duty Station: MSIE, Amhara Region: D/Birhan, Kombolcha, Dessie, Lasta, worebabo,Nefash Mewcha
Employment Contract Until December 2022
Salary: As per MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choice Salary Scale
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et and
East Program Office (Adama), North Program Office (Mekelle) & Northwest program Office (Bahirdar) you can apply in person to the respective office.
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSIE STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
- Job City D/Birhan, Kombolcha, Dessie, Lasta, worebabo,Nefash Mewcha, Amhara