- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- CTG is looking to contract an experienced contractor to perform the services mentioned below for our operations in Mali.
- Deliver meteorological services at location where there is no provision of this service.
- Collect, analyse & provide weather information / forecasting based on the following sources namely host nations meteorology bureau,from satellite images, radar, remote sensors & weather stations or provided by TCC elements & or by HLS Managers, from Air Traffic Flight Follower as received from Pilot reports (PIREPS).
- Develop terminal (TAF) or aerial weather forecast by analysing information & using computer programs.
- Provide weather information (METAR, SPECI, SIGMET, TAF).
- Monitoring weather developments by measuring air pressure, wind, temperature & humidity.
- Implementing meteorological Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in compliance with Department of Field Services (DFS) aviation manual, International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) / World Meteorological Organisation (WMO), International Air Transport Association (IATA) & host country’s civil aviation / meteorological authority standards, other UN mission practices, procedures & regulations.
- Deliver weather briefing to aircrews & related air operations staff on actual weather, en route weather forecast, any significant weather & prevailing weather conditions at landing sites depending on the collected information.
- Ensuring that appropriate reference documents are readily available & accessible to all aircrews & aviation personnel.
- Provide expertise & technical assessment to formulate meteorological equipment requirement to increase safety of flights & cost effectiveness.
- Managing collaboration with local meteorological offices.
- Deliver specialized training to Air Liaison Officers related to the weather observation, usage of meteorological equipment.
- Performing other tasks related to the meteorological activities.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- College diploma & technical training in meteorology related activities (observer or forecaster) or equivalent meteorological university degree or graduation from equivalent military establishment are required.
- Weather forecaster or observer license is an advantage.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in meteorology, with at least 2 years in occupation directly related to aviation weather forecasting.
- Ability to collect, analyse weather & atmosphere data, to develop & use computer software & to use data analysis to create forecasts.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply