MHPSS Officer – (National contract)
The MHPSS Officer is a member of Save the Children’s (SC) team to implement a GBV/Child Protection project in Mangalla IDP camp.
The role will support the CP and GBV teams to ensure integration of MHPSS in the project.
Under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator and with technical support from the MHPSS Specialist, the post holder will ensure the integration and coordination of MHPSS services within the two mentioned sectors, and support provision of direct MHPSS services for individuals with high PSS needs.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder may be expected to work outside the normal role profile and should be able to vary working hours accordingly
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or diploma in counselling, psychiatry, psychology, social work or any other mental health relevant field.
At least 2 years work experience in implementing mental health and psychosocial support programming
- Proven capacity to train, supervise, and coach staff on key MHPSS topics
- Practical experience on MHPSS community based approaches in Cp & GBV
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Fluent in basic/Juba Arabic
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
Strong interpersonal skills, ethical sensitivity and ability to empathise with children, youth and their carers
Background knowledge in child/ youth protection, education, child rights and emergencies
Contract Duration: 10 Months
Location: Juba, South Sudan
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Volontaire Sécurité Pays – Kinshasa at ACTED
- Operations Specialist / Quality Assurance Officer at CTG
- Forages Consultancy at The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT
- Law & Policy Advisor – Mining Sector (Africa, Europe remote) at International Institute for Sustainable Development
- Program Specialist – CAAC Advocacy,Communications & Campaigns at Save the Children