Position: Mid-term Evaluation Consultant
How This role is for a proposal the organization is currently working on. The mid-term evaluation consultant will assess the progress of the project, identify areas of improvement, and provide recommendations for the remaining period and will work under the overall guidance of the Head of the International Assistance and Cooperation Department, in close cooperation with the responsible Officer and the local implementing partner. This consultancy is mostly remote but the consultant will be required to travel to Benatsemay Woreda, South Omo zone, SNNP Region in Ethiopia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a work plan and inception report outlining the proposed research methodology, geographical coverage, and schedule to conduct the study.
- Carry out a project site visit to a project location to conduct research, collect data and establish contact with the local implementing partner, project beneficiaries, and relevant project stakeholders.
- Review and evaluate available data and existing sources of information, including the project proposal, annual reports, conducted studies, and other documents considering factors such as budget utilization, resource allocation, and timeline adherence.
- Examine the institutional, technical, staffing, and financial capacities of the implementing partner as well as its relationship with the target group and other relevant stakeholders.
- Communicate evaluation results and recommendations to project stakeholders, facilitating discussions and dialogue around the findings. Conduct presentations or workshops to share key findings and promote learning.
- Collaborate with project staff, partners, and stakeholders to ensure their active participation and engagement in the evaluation process. Provide guidance and support in implementing evaluation-related activities.
- Ensure that the evaluation adheres to relevant guidelines, standards, and ethical considerations.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, Social Sciences or a related field.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent communication, report writing, and presentation skills.
- Experience in engaging with in-country stakeholders and managing relationships with partners.
- Proficiency in English and Amharic is required, while knowledge of a local language is desirable.
- Proven experience in conducting mid-term evaluations or similar assessments.
- Familiarity with the principles and practices of project management, including monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to present findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience in addressing climate change challenges, food security, adaptive agriculture, and water management.
- Professional familiarity with the project country/region.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title as the subject, i.e., “Mid-term Evaluation Consultant”. Please also include your daily rate for this assignment in USD ($) in your email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.