NORC at the University of Chicago (NORC) is seeking short-term technical experts with subject expertise in maternal and child health and nutrition (MCHN); resilience in the context of armed group violence; or local governance, institution building, and community-led development to provide sector expertise, data collection and analysis support, and inform conclusions and recommendations for a potential mid-term evaluation of a USAID-funded resilience and food security activity. The Activity seeks to combat extreme poverty and chronic malnutrition in the Centre-Nord Region of Burkina Faso.
The position will entail approximately 45 days of consulting during May – July 2022 and will be based in Burkina Faso. This opportunity is contingent on funding.
· Contribute subject matter expertise to the design of qualitative field instruments;
· Conduct 15-30 key informant interviews (KIIs) in selected communes of Centre-Nord Region, as part of qualitative data collection team;
· Contribute to the analyses of primary and secondary technical data related to his/her field(s) of expertise;
· Document findings, draw conclusions, and form recommendations related to his/her sector of expertise;
· Assist with the drafting of key deliverables including report sections assigned by the team leader in the specified format;
· Routinely communicate with the team leader on data collection progress;
· Contribute to results presentations and discussion; and
· Other duties as assigned.
· Prior experience using qualitative research methods, including conducting stakeholder consultations and key informant interviews with an array of government, civil society, local implementing partners and target beneficiary representatives;
· Post-graduate degree in a field related to health and nutrition; livelihoods; agriculture, gender, and social integration; local governance and institution building; community-led development; or resilience;
· Ability to travel with a qualitative data collection team and conduct interviews in select communes of Centre-Nord Region for up to 2-3 weeks during May – June 2022.
· Experience with USAID resilience and food security activities and interventions;
· Knowledge of USAID MEL processes including experience in reviewing ToCs and Logframes;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with a team;
· Prior field work experience in Centre-Nord Region or other regions of Burkina Faso;
· Fluency in written and spoken French, Mòoré, and English. Knowledge of Fulfudé is a plus;
· Conflict sensitivity expertise is a plus.
How to apply
Interested applicants should email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 10am EST on March 14, 2022. Please use the following subject line in your email: “Burkina Faso SME Expert Application – Last Name, First Name.”