Position: Midwife Nurse
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the supervision of the Technical Head/ MCH Specialty Centre Manager, a Midwife Nurse performs delivery services at the labour ward; assists doctors and specialists help delivery services; ensures the women in labour get all the necessary support, and ensures the tools and instruments for the delivery room are readily available; performs the duties in accordance with accepted standard medical practice and professional code of conduct
- Takes an active part in the provision of services in the labour and maternity ward;
- Provides labour follow-up and attends normal deliveries;
- Ensures all instruments needed for delivery services are readily in place;
- Assists normal delivery including vacuum-assisted vaginal delivery;
- Provides immediate newborn care;
- Provides immediate postnatal follow up and timely consultation when problems arise;
- Assists postpartum women in initiating breastfeeding postpartum women on danger signs, family planning, and HTC;
- Provides counseling to labouring and postpartum women;
- Assists doctors as Theatre Nurse and undertakes all standard measures required for procedures;
- Prepares all surgical instruments, sets, and medical supplies required for operation in accordance with accepted standards;
- Assists doctors intra-operatively (as a Scrub Nurse, Circulating Nurse, etc.) and makes the instruments ready for other operations as required;
- Co-works with the scrub nurses in the OR as a runner/ circulator;
- Puts the interest of clients/patients above all other considerations and ensures the confidentiality of all cases;
- Ensures proper receipt, storage, safe keep, issuance, and timely placement of orders of surgical instruments and medical supplies for theatre by pre-establishing re-order level and regular replenishment of enough stocks of the same;
- Ensures the maintenance of high-level standards and applies universal precautions to infection prevention;
- Avails herself/himself of regular stock taking and audit as and when required;
- Prepares and submits periodic reports as required;
- Make an on-time report for the clinical incident that happened in the center as per the guideline of MSIE.
- Performs related tasks as required
3. PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
A. Qualifications Requirements
BSc/Diploma in Midwifery
Four years with Diploma in Midwifery. Two years of experience need for BSc
B. Skills, Attitudes, Attributes
- Awareness of MOH and donors’ guidelines
- Conscious of government, MSI, and MSIE regulations
- Awareness of concepts and strategies of quality care
- Attendance of MSIE Pre-service training
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviors
- Computer Literate
- Interpersonal relationship
Number of Position: (06)
Duty Station: D/Birhan, Kombolcha, Dessie, Lasta, worebabo, Nefash Mewcha
Employment Contract Until December 31, 2022
Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et and
East Program Office (Adama), North Program Office (Mekelle) & Northwest program Office (Bahirdar) you can apply in person to the respective office.
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSIE STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
- Job City D/Birhan, Kombolcha, Dessie, Lasta, worebabo,Nefash Mewcha, Amhara