Position Start Date: 1.04.2022
Duration: 6 months
Location : Mobile Roumania/Moldavia/Hongary/…
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss NGO focusing on child rights. It is active in more than 30 countries with development and emergency projects. Tdh focuses its action on the 3 following areas of intervention: Health, Migration and Protection of particularly vulnerable children. Modern management and communication tools ensure the quality of Tdh’s projects. The Foundation constantly aims to improve its services.
This emergency project will be implemented in three countries in which Tdh is registered and has fixed teams working for regular projects. You will have to ensure that the rules and procedures of each country are followed and respected (except for specific derogations). You will have to coordinate the human resources management in close connection with the Tdh administrative and HR teams of each of the countries of intervention. You commit to observe discretion on any information related to the organization functioning and beneficiary related issues.
The coordinator provides HR and administrative management service to Tdh emergency response project by developing business intelligence that supports program decisions and performance management. You will provide strategic overview and management of Human Resources.
- Coordinate emergency HR management
- Contribute to the organization of the emergency set up and define the perimeters of interaction between emergency and regular projects
- Be the focal point between local teams and emergency team and HROP
- Assist in the recruitment of key positions, whether on local or expatriate contracts
- Follow-up the recruitments application phase
- Prepare the HR budgets and monitor the follow up
- Support and train local teams
- Study the evolution of the labour markets of each country (as the crisis progresses) and propose adaptations of our wage policy if necessary
- Legal monitoring in this changing context, with new issues for Tdh (entry visas, work permits, etc.)
- Formalization of the HR policies in terms of guidelines, procedures, and tools related to recruitment, etc.
- Support the Head of delegations in making sure that they have all tools/policies needed for their application (internal regulations, employment contracts, job profiles, etc.).
- Supervise the appraisal process of the employees
- This function requires a degree in Business Administration, or other relevant HR/Business Administration training.
- At least 3 years previous experience of seniority in an INGO at a management position in the field (expatriation), ideally as HR coordinator
- Experience working in regional projects with complex labor legislations
- Experience in recruitment is a plus
- Polyvalent experience in HR management is mandatory
- Extensive project management experience (management; planning; staff development and training skills) in emergency
- Management experience and strong team leadership qualities
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English, French an asset. Russian & Ukrainan are assets.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to identify and plan for future needs; develop and disseminate best practices
- Critical focus on providing a superior service level to managers and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and report writing skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience using a computerized information management system (Ms. Word, Excel, Homère etc.)
- Good leadership skills: experience of working in a supervisory position with a team structure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a dispersed, multi-disciplined, multicultural team
- Ability to represent an organization in a professional and competent manner with external individuals and organizations’
- A high level of self-awareness, personal energy, stamina and flexibility.
- Proven experience as a team worker and demonstrably cooperative with members of other teams, responding quickly and accurately to queries and issues
Expatriate contract under Swiss regulations between CHF 4’100 and CHF 5’100 net /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies :
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
How to apply
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JzQUqits?idpartenaire=20007
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.