KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Work in collaboration with the district health facilities including health posts and provide technical support to local health workers for the delivery of emergency and primary health care services such as IMNCI/ICCM activities to internally displaced people, peoples returned to their original places and people who have no access to the services.
. Participate in static clinic and/or Mobile Health and Nutrition Team (MHNT) to provide essential lifesaving primary health care services to displaced people and people who have no access to health services.
· Provide technical support and participating in essential lifesaving primary health care services to people who have no access to primary health care services in IDPs and far to reach areas.
· Improving basic preventive health care at community level with emphasis health, immunization, health and nutrition services.
· Conduct & undertake PHC like consultation & provide proper treatment based on the protocol
· Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Woreda health bureaus.
· Strengthening of early referrals mechanism.
· Plan and implement project outlined in the protocol for OTP and SC to achieve objectives of the project.
· The health and nutrition nurse will help facilitate admission of the patient at the OTP, and SC.
· Train and support the HEWs in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC) according to national guidelines.
· Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
· Ensure each and every admitted child receives adequate and quality clinical and nutritional care through existing resources.
· Ensure at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary nutritional and clinical requirements – Plumpy’nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
· Assisting the planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENC
- BSc/Diploma in Nursing or Public Health (Senior Clinical/Public Nurse or above).
- To be considered for the post applicants should have at least 2-4-year experience in Nutrition programs with in-depth and up-to-date knowledge in the technical areas;
- Work in harsh circumstances and travel to field
- experience to facilitate and organize trainings in CMAM
- computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications; knowledge of statistical software –Epi info and SPSS
- commitment to Save the Children values
- proven ability to prepare bi weekly and monthly reports and work independently and in teams
- ability to meet deadlines and in delivering quality work
- To be considered for the post; Fluency in Afar Affe is Mandatory.
- Job City Afar