- Project/Activity USAID/Tanzania MELS
- Industry USAID
- City Dar es Salaam
- State/Province Tanzania
- Country Tanzania
- Zip/Postal Code 000000
- HIghest Level of Education A minimum of a Master’s Degree in development, evaluation, development analytics, economics, knowledge management, or related fields.
- Work Experience 5-7 years
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Drawing on decades of experience across all developing regions, we offer a range of foundational international health and development services, with specialized expertise in global health; monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL); private-sector solutions; capacity building; knowledge management; and communications. As a small business, we are able to implement novel and innovative approaches using highly participatory approaches to mobilize community, civil society, and government energy in defining and owning solutions, and to promote inclusive development that benefits all groups.
Panagora, a prime contractor under the USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is seeking an experienced Monitoring Advisor for an anticipated Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Platform contract. This five-year activity will assist mission with strategy- and activity-level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including conducting data gathering and verification, data visualization, data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID and its implementing partners.
This is a long-term position based in Tanzania, expected to start in mid-2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the daily field support service requests (monitoring, DQAs, rapid feedback assessments), as well as performance and context monitoring support for USAID/Tanzania.
- Work in close collaboration with the M&E Capacity building Advisor, and the Evaluation Advisor to ensure that the MEL related needs of USAID/Tanzania are met.
- Establish protocols for field-based monitoring, DQAs, and other tasks, and support development and design of surveys and tools for data collection.
- Supervise long- and short-term staff engaged in monitoring tasks for the MEL activity.
- Manage the collection, reporting, and analysis of indicator data, and ensure indicators, evaluations, and data conform to USAID standards
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy or Chief of Party
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in development, evaluation, development analytics, economics, knowledge management, or related fields.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring and evaluation within complex international development contexts in one or more areas of: (1) economic growth ; (2) education; (3) health; (4) democracy, human rights, and governance; and (5) youth programming and interventions.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing monitoring and verification systems, methods, and tools, using a variety of methods: in-person, remote, and third party.
- Experience working on USAID monitoring and evaluation mechanisms strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical background in cost-benefit analysis, econometric methodologies, or statistical systems.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Local consultants are encouraged to apply.
- Reports to: Chief of Party
To Apply: Fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered. Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.