The Millennium Water Alliance (MWA) is a permanent global alliance of leading humanitarian and private organizations that convenes opportunities and partnerships, accelerates learning and effective models, and influences the WASH space by leveraging the expertise and reach of its members and partners to scale quality, sustained WASH services. Founded in the year 2002, MWA seeks to advance high standards for program quality, transparency and accountability and work with its members, governments, communities, private sector partners and other key stakeholders to bring to scale effective and sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene education solutions.
The Resilient Arid Lands Partnership for Integrated Development Plus (RAPID+) program is convened and led by the Millennium Water Alliance with primary funding from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) alongside match and investment funds from private sector actors, implementing partners (Catholic Relief Services, CARE, World Vision, Food for the Hungry) and participating county governments of Isiolo, Turkana, Wajir, Garissa and Marsabit where the program is being implemented. The program goal is to improve access to safe and sustainably managed water and rangelands in target RAPID+ counties that will contribute to resilient livelihoods for communities in a peaceful environment.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Intern will be key in supporting the M&E Unit at the MWA Kenya while he or she gains relevant experiences and skills for the job market. The Intern will support effective planning and execution of M&E activities including evaluations, assessments, reports compilation, data entry and other additional tasks as will be assigned. Reporting to the M&E Specialist, he or she will work closely with facilitating partners under RAPID+ during the establishment of an M&E system for the program.
Roles and key responsibilities
• Assist in designing/development of tools to guide data capture and reporting.**
• Support the review of analyzed data for inconsistencies and errors.**
• Take part in field surveys including but not limited to Program’s Baseline Survey and Private Sector Assessment.**
• Support the development of an M&E system and M&E plan for RAPID+ Program. **
• Support in the compilation of bi-annual reports through provision of timely, accurate and updated data.
• Assist in organizing and facilitating the semi-annual review meetings for RAPID+ partner’s staff.**
• Learn and gain experiences by supporting other departments in MWA Kenya which include the finance and administration department. **
Qualifications and competencies
The position requires the following qualifications, experiences and abilities:**
· Must have completed undergraduate studies within the last two years in the fields of Social Sciences, Statistics, Project Management, Demography or any other related field of study.
· Must have attained a first class or second-class honors upper division in undergraduate studies.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal, communications, and facilitation skills in English and Kiswahili languages.
· Ability to multi-task and deliver tasks within short deadlines.
· Proficiency in IT (MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point).
· Experience in statistical computer programs is desirable.
Location: The position is a local hire and will be based in Nairobi with travels to project sites.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications consisting of a cover letter and a detailed CV with three referees. The applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com by 5p.m. on 31st March 2022. The email subject should be clearly titled “Monitoring and Evaluation Intern”.**