Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Based in Monrovia, Liberia
Up to 15% travel within Liberia
Reports to CLA Advisor
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 4,500 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 35 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager to join our team for the USAID-funded Countywide Sanitation Activity. The project aims to achieve universal coverage of basic sanitation in five counties of Liberia. The M&E Manager will play an important role in promoting the culture of learning within the project team and among sanitation stakeholders. S/he will work closely with the program’s technical teams to ensure that program monitoring data is used to strengthen the quality of project implementation. This ambitious project seeks equally ambitious staff who bring creativity, energy, and an entrepreneurial spirit to their work.
The M&E Manager will work closely with the project’s Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting Advisor, on the following:
- Establish and maintain the project’s routine monitoring systems and tools.
- Design and develop monitoring and evaluation tools and systems for addressing the project’s learning questions.
- Carryout all regular programmatic data collection, data cleaning, data compilation, and data submission to the program staff.
- Implement data quality assurance checks, audit recommendations, and track the achievement of the proposed actions.
- Ensure timely submission of data by project-affiliated community-based organizations, community leaders, and enterprises.
- Contribute to updates to the project’s annual M&E plan.
- Support technical staff to use routine monitoring data for decision making through providing analysis and producing user-friendly reports.
- Build the M&E capacity of project partners, including how to use data for decision making.
- Supervise a team of county-level M&E officers.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (e.g., Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics)
- At least 6 years of experience in M&E of complex programs, including specific experience with:
- Managing and assuring the quality of data received through electronic data collection systems
- Community-level monitoring systems
- Developing the capacity of others in M&E
- Analysis and visual presentation of results
- Experience managing a team of people
- Experience using DHIS II preferred
- Experience in the sanitation sector preferred
- Citizen of Liberia
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and current Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com**by September 30, 2022. Subject: Liberia M&E Manager**
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Job City Monrovia
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Secretary/Receptionist at Population Services International (PSI)
- Procurement Manager at Population Services International (PSI)
- Associate Database Developer at UCSF Global Programs for Research & Training
- Project Manager Burkina Faso at WeWorld-GVC
- Warehouse/Fleet Manager at Population Services International (PSI)