Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
The Women and Children Health Empowerment Foundation (WACHEF) based in Jalingo, Taraba State, is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered to practice in Nigeria. The NGO works in partnership with public, private and other non-government organizations to contribute in achieving equitable, sustainable and quality healthcare delivery in Nigeria. It was registered with Taraba State Government in 2001 and with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria in August 2005. Our vision is to ensure universal access to quality health care and social services among the general population especially women and children.
WACHEF is a member of World Hepatis Alliance (WHA), International Alliance of Patients` Organisation (IAPO) , Tuberculosis Network of Nigeria, African Liver Patients Association (ALPA), Association of OVC NGOs in Nigeria (AONN) among others. The organization has implemented several projects under World Bank, Global Fund, BMGF etc. WACHEF is expecting an award from Pro-Health International with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”) towards implementing the Integrated Child Healthcare and Social Services Award (ICHSSA4) project in Taraba State.
We are currently seeking for candidates to fill the position below:
Location: Jalingo, Taraba
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Strategic Information
Project: ICHSSA 4
Reports To: Program Manager
- The M&E Officer is responsible for overseeing and coordination of monitoring and evaluation of all program’s activities under the ICHSSA 4 project including data collection and reporting and ensuring the technical quality of data entry and management of the program data.
- The M&E Officer will collaborate with PHI M&E Team to provide technical support to Community Case Workers (CCWs) to conduct enrolment and service delivery to beneficiaries at the community, provide regular monitoring, and provide feedback on learnings during project implementation, directly facilitates technical capacity building on data quality, and supports efforts to coordinate with local government and private sector partners.
- The M&E Officer directs and supervises the Data Entry Clerk including overseeing and managing of community case workers on the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the M&E activities of the ICHSSA 4 project and the implementation of project M&E Plan at the LGA and Community levels.
- Co-ordinate household enrollment to establish a baseline for the project
- Collate, update, and maintain all data obtained from field work into a database
- Keep record of all source documents for verification of project accomplishments
- Conduct data quality assurance, conduct regular site visits and verification and generate monthly reports
- The M&E person shall liaise/provide support in mentoring, coaching and training of the LGA monitoring and evaluation focal person, and CCWs on data management
- Visits communities regularly to collect data and support case workers
- Oversee the training/mentoring of Community case workers and other staff on the ICHSSA4 Project, including the NOMIS, and other requirements
- Oversee the activities and responsibilities of the Data Clerk
- Conduct data quality assessments for reported data and provide appropriate mentoring for case workers
- Ensure NOMIS is functional and reporting timely
- Maintain soft and hard copies of project data and reports
- Attend relevant management and technical meetings
- Support Program implementation
- Ensure timely reporting
- And any other duties assigned by the Program Manager/Executive Director
Qualifications / Requirements / Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or HND in Statistics, Public Health, Social Sciences or a related field
- At least 1 year of professional experience implementing/managing M&E for programs related to Health, HIV and OVC, Agriculture or Food and Nutrition programming, of which at least one year with a NGOs.
- Must have completed NYSC
- Demonstrable computer literacy in MS Office – Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication, and report writing skills
- Possess excellent community mobilization skills.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment to: email@example.com with the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applications not sent in the required format will not be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment and interview.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.