Education as a Vaccine is a non-governmental, youth focused organization that works inpartnership with children and young people to advance their rights to health and protection from all forms of violence by strengthening their capacities providing direct services and influencing policies for improved quality of life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Organization Unit: Strategy, development and learning
Reports to: Team Leader, Strategy, development and learning
Based at: HQ Office
Time Requirements: Full time with a minimum of 45 hours per week.
- To coordinate the development of tools, collection and analysis of data as well as documentation and sharing of organization’s results and impact for learning and improvements.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work directly with the Program Coordinator/Team leader, Advocacy and Policy Influencing, Program Coordinator/Team leader, Individual and community capacity strengthening and the HR/Admin Officer in the delivery of key tasks.
- The M&E Officer will report to the M&E coordinator and Team Leader, Strategy, development and learning.
Key Task and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the organizational management information system to help document and capture organizational achievements
- Contribute to the development of monitoring and evaluation plan for projects including tools
- Support the implementation of evaluation studies for assessing organizational progress and achievement
- Strengthen capacity and provide technical support to the project staff for adequate monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Provide technical support and participate in all research activities conducted by the organization
- Assist in coordinating the development of We Lead’s M&E system in collaboration with M&E Coordinator and Team leader, Strategy, development and learning
- Assist in developing organizational annual M&E report that tracks progress in achieving We Lead’s strategic targets
- Assist in analyzing data, preparing M&E reports on a quarterly basis and review with project Officers to provide feedback on progress and gaps
- Assist in revising data reporting template in line with EVA’s M&E plan
- Contribute to the development of We Lead’s annual report
- Support the organization in the planning and execution of strategic planning, annual work plan and budgeting processes
- Assist with other organizational activities as may be required.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field;
- 3 years of experience in MEL operations preferably in an NGO environment;
- Skills / Competencies
- Understanding of local and international development issues.
- Experience from working with in an NGO.
- Good understanding of programme design, theory of change functions and logical frameworks, including links between objectives, indicators, targets and activities.
- Extensive experience of supporting M&E strategies and systems, and writing reports.
- Experience from data gathering and analysis.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with archiving systems and knowledge management.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Safety and Security Focal Point Officer at Education as a Vaccine
- Conducting a Citizen Survey on Food and Agriculture Policy System Reform at DAI-Policy LINK
- Policy LINK – Administrative & Logistics Officer at DAI-Policy LINK
- Policy LINK – Regional Senior Manager at DAI-Policy LINK
- Spécialiste Genre, VBG et Inclusion at Plan International