DSW Kenya is a non-governmental organisation registered in Kenya as one of the East African country offices of Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW), a global development organisation founded and headquartered in Germany.
DSW Kenya focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history.
We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services and supplies for youth, and to securing their right for a brighter future. We achieve this by engaging in advocacy, capacity development, and family planning initiatives, which make sure that youth are empowered to lead healthy and self-determined lives.
Established in May 2000, DSW Kenya has its headquarters in Nairobi with additional offices in Mombasa and Kitale and active programme interventions in 13 counties: Bungoma, Kilifi, Laikipia, Meru, Mombasa, Nairobi, Kisumu, Migori, Nakuru, Nandi, Nyandarua, Trans Nzoia, Uasin Gishu, and West Pokot.
DSW seeks to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. **
Based in: Nairobi
Reporting to: National Team Coordinator- Research, Monitoring & Evaluation
The Monitoring and Evaluation officer is a member of DSW Kenya Programme team. Reporting to the Natonal Team Coordinator Research, Monitoring & Evalutaion, the M&E officer will provide technical assistance in performance monitoring, program evaluation, dissemination and utilization of project data .
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for ensuring quality in collection, cleaning and entry into project data bases all project data. S/he will work closely with the National Department Manager, Programes & Projects and all project teams to ensure compliance with project documents, generation and documentation of high quality data.
1. M&E Planning and Project Information Management
- In collaboration with programme teams, undertake regular program monitoring and evaluation to ascertain project status and provide technical assistane to project staff in monitoring & evaluation.
- Track project’s output and outcome level results on a periodic basis in close coordination with project teams .
- Support the development of the Country Office Annual Operating Plan (AOP), ensuring alignment with DSW Kenya strategy and program goals.
- Collect, check, verify and compile data from the field as stipulated in the M&E plan.
- Support the review and update of project log frames, and flag out inconsistent data reported during project implementation.
- Ensure correct, accurate and timely capture of project data for analysis and report preparation as stipulated in the M&E plan.
- Support preparation for and execution of project studies including baselines, endlines, midterm reviews and other studies.
2. Design and Implement M&E systems
- Support project design and development of internal reporting schedules and templates, including log frames, M&E plans, and data collection tools.
- Ensure the M&E database (WebMO) is regularly updated and provide feedback to project staff on gaps and areas of improvement.
- In collaboration with the NTC Monitoring, Research and Evaluation, monitor and evaluate the implementation of DSW’s Strategic Plan, Youth Empowerment Strategic Approach (YESA) and youth engagement at country level through regular reporting of the strategic indicators.
- Support routine data quality audits in close collaboration with the Project Coordinators and National Team coordinator Research, Monitoring and Evaluation for efficient programme delivery.
3. Capacity Development in M&E
- In collaboration with the National Team Coordinator – Research, Monitoring & Evaluation identify capacity gaps, provide technical assistance in monitoring and evaluation and capacity building of staff and partners for organisational performance improvement.
- Work closely with the programme staff to generate and document best practices for shared learning.
4. Data Management, Reporting and Quality Assurance
- Support the Project team leads through supervision of the team coordinator in project Monitoring and Evaluation documentation and report compilation, including development of periodic program and organization reports.
- Participate in the development of project proposals, annual work-plans and budgets.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Minimum Requirements and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Social Science, Statistics, Project management or any other relevant field. Additional training in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years experience in monitoring and evaluation of development programs.
- Knowledge of at least one or a combination statistical computer packages and tools such as SPSS, KOBO Toolbox, ODK etc.
- Good understanding of evaluations of Health programs, particularly family planning with demonstrable experience monitoring of evaluating health programs.
- Demonstrable ability to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Must have prior working experience in an NGO setting.
- Ability to work with and understand the youth while maintaining professionalism is key.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and highly organized and able to multitask.
How to apply
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your current and expected salary) with the reference “**Monitoring and Evaluation Officer**” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: email@example.com
Deadline for application: February 3, 2022 COB
Ideal start date: immediate
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. This position is open to persons who are Kenyan Citizens or those with the right to work in Kenya. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.