Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will develop and coordinate implementation of M&E plan for the \ “Integration of Orange-fleshed Sweetpotato Value Chain Development” into Building Sweeter Livelihoods” Mionjo’s project in Madagascar. In addition, the selected candidate will ensure promotional efforts at the market level and monitoring of increase in knowledge of orange-fleshed sweetpotato varietal types. The position will operate out of CIP offices in Toliara, with extensive travel throughout Southern Madagascar by road at these 10 districts.
The Position: This position will be hosted by AfricaRice. The selected candidate will be based in Toliara, Madagascar and will report to the Senior Project Manager and Country Liaison Scientist.
• The duties and responsibilities of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will include the following key interventions:
• Set up the digital registry system for members of organizations, associations or communes that are recruited into the sweetpotato value chain opportunities in each district.
• In collaboration with the project business development specialist, design and validate modules for a baseline survey of those enrolled in the value chain intervention.
• Recruit, train and organize team for the collection of baseline value chain data and implement the data collection.
• Collaborate with the CIP data managers and MIONJO M&E staff in the development of a dashboard for reporting project outputs.
• Set up the system for collection of price data on selected crops in the major market in each district.
• Participate in community and district level sensitization events, capturing participation levels by gender.
• Set up the data management program for the office, including protocols for regular backing up of data on all project machines.
• Collaborate with other CIP M&E specialists in the region team in the design of the overall M&E strategy for collection key indicators for the program and ensuring staff are aware of CIP open access policies concerning data and research outputs.
• Provide timely reports on findings of activities undertaken.
• Respect policies and procedures at CIP regarding health, safety, sexual harassment and the environment.
• Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, or Statics.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Knowledge of spatial mapping software preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
• License for motorcycle is a plus.
• Willingness to travel extensively by land.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
• CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
• CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
• CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
What are we offering?
• Excellent working environment.
• Compensation package commensurate with experience.
• Fixed term contract of 1 year with possibility of renewal subject on performance and availability of funds.
• Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V in French with your references. Screening of applications will begin on May 31, 2023 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Madagascar nationals and permanent residents only.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Administrative Assistant III at International Potato Center
- Regional Security Director at World Vision
- Technical Field Manager, South Sudan at Mines Advisory Group
- Community Engagement Officer at the Center for Advocacy, Transparency, and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) – 4 Openings
- Volunteer Teacher at the Center for Advocacy, Transparency, and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) – 80 Openings