Jami Al Hakeem Foundation is a nonprofit, non-governmental organization, registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in 2008. The foundation since its inception has extensive experience in coordinating programme interventions across communities and various target audience including youths, women, and girls, etc.
The organization has vast experience in coordination, management and administration of development programmes that bring together a range of stakeholders, including state and non-state actors. Jami Al Hakeem has also demonstrated experience in delivery of effective and sustainable programme aimed at addressing all forms of violence against women and girls (protection) in Nigeria; our programme areas also include: Livelihood and Food security, education, peace building, community security, social justice and sustainable development. Jami Al Hakeem Foundation works in 4 states- Borno, Adamawa, Yobe and Gombe states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Locations: Adamawa, Borno, Gombe and Yobe
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duration of Contract: 2 years
- This position will support the overall data management system of the project at J-HF not limited to conducting data collection, entry, and cleaning, and providing technical support for research activities.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer is responsible for supporting data collection and the implementation/use of quality checklists at activity level.
- The position also serves as a supervisor for enumerators when needed.
- The incumbent will provide support in analysing raw data from assessments, quality checklists, reporting and providing direct support to the project coordinator.
- He will support the project coordinator in improving programming and organizational learning for the Area of intervention.
Duties / Responsibilities
- The incumbent will maintain regular communication with state-level/Hq-level partners and other stakeholders to offer data-required support.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officers will also enter and clean activity data, monitor paper flow of data collection forms and check for data accuracy.
- Perform data entry and cleaning, and assist in the management of quantitative data sets
- Support program monitoring and evaluation tasks, including the implementation of M&E systems (data collection, paper flow management, data management and results reporting)
- Participate in the training of staff/partners and consultants in M&E data collection and processing
- Actively contribute to and support project implementation activities
- Participate in the development of work plans and budget for project M&E activities
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Carry out other tasks as assigned to support J-HF projects
Technical Expertise, Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Statistics, Social Science, Development Economics or a related discipline
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience within the development / humanitarian sector.
- Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation, experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Proven abilities in developing monitoring plans, data collection, information management, use of databases, and analysis and performance monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others.
- Comprehensive knowledge of humanitarian accountability principles and their translation into practice.
- Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Working knowledge of data processing computer packages (e.g. EpiInfo, Epidata, STATA, SPSS, ODK, KOBO toolbox).
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Letter of motivation and CV in a single file) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: Human Resource Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- J-HF considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be responsible for their logistic and accommodation during interview.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, J-HF will only inform shortlisted candidates for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about J-HF, please consult: www.jamialhakeemfoundation.org
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.