The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Identification: 7679
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Job Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
Job Schedule: Full time
Role and Responsibilities
- Based in Yola, the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer is responsible for supporting data collection and the implementation/use of quality checklists (WASH, Food security and Livelihoods, Education, Shelter, Information Counselling and Legal Assistance, Camp management) at activity level.
- The position also serves as a supervisor for enumerators when needed.
- The incumbent will provide support in analysing raw data from assessments, quality checklists, reporting and providing direct support to the technical M&E officer. He will support the technical M&E officer and the Area Manager in improving programming and organizational learning for the Area Office South.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards.
- Responsible for implementation of operational M&E activities in close collaboration with Core Competency technical officers and officers/assistants.
- Ensure project documentation of M&E activities of Core Competencies.
- Contribute to the implementation of M&E systems, including M&E tools.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention.
This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Support in developing data collection methodology and tools, and in actual data collection as needed;
- Support data management in close collaboration with core competencies’ data assistants and the development of clear information flows between program and M&E staff, as needed;
- Ensure that monitoring data are reported in a timely manner to the technical M&E officer for quality checks and submission to the Area Manager and relevant programme staff;
- Support the targeting and the registration of beneficiaries as needed;
- Supervise distributions in collaboration with programme staff;
- Support post distribution monitoring and related activities.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Area Manager
- Field coordinators and team leads
- M&E Team
- Core competencies data focal points
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- 1 – 2 years experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting;
- Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel).
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing);
- Strong organisational and team working skills;
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Approachable, trustworthy and confidential;
- Analytical and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access);
- Experience in using ArcGis, Stata, Nvivo, CAPI systems (Kobo/ODK/CSpro), data visualisation softwares (eg. Power BI) is a plus;
- Knowledge of the NRC’s operations is a plus.
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual.
The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2022 (09:43 AM).
Method of Application
Intereted and qualified candiates should:
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Director, Regional Integration Coordination Office at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Risk and Compliance Officer at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Surveillance / Nutrition Survey Manager at Action Against Hunger
- Programme Assistant-WASH at Save the Children
- Programme Assistant-HMIS at Save the Children