Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Position Location: Mandera
Reports to: Kenya Programme Coordinator
Duration: 12-months with possibility of extension
Rural Agency for Community Development and Assistance (RACIDA) is a regional non-profit organisation headquartered in Kenya and with country programmes in Ethiopia, and Somalia. Our goals are to Provide Human Assistance, Build Resilience and Promote Peace and Security. **
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project in Mandera North, Banissa and Mandera East sub counties. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project.
· Develop comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plans and ensure delivery of program requirements
· Support sector leads in development of sector specific project workplans to ensure coordinated delivery of set objectives and targets
· Develop Indicator Performance Tracking Tables (IPTTs) for specific projects in coordination with Nutrition manager and Kenya Programmes Coordinator and program staff
· Conduct field assessments, regular programme evaluations, rapid assessments, identifying potential needs, designing and implementing response plans
· Organize capacity building activities for project officers, project managers, and sector leads on monitoring tools, data analysis and report writing as per donor requirements
· Identify and formulate MEL findings, lessons learned and recommendations and share results for decision-making processes and further project development.
· Coordinate with sector leads and project manager in compiling monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual reports and data analysis and management
· Coordinate with sector leads, project manager, and Kenya programme Coordinator to review project reporting indicators and reporting tools
· Compile the output tracker report and share them with relevant line managers
· Participate in quarterly project reviews and planning workshops
· Lead in designing and implementing qualitative and quantitative assessments as appropriate
· Track program progress, projects’ expenditure against approved budgets, anticipate any deviations and recommend and take action on relevant and required adjustments.
· Undertake pro-active on the job training and staff development. Train and Mentor project staff on effective project planning and management methodologies
· Conduct site visits to project areas to monitor project activities and verify the quality and accuracy of data, assess the means of verification at the site and field office levels, and provide capacity building/coaching of field level staff on data management and reporting
· Conduct monthly/quarterly program data assessment in collaboration with the programme team
· Develop a Dashboard for data entries and validation on the integrated Nutrition, WASH, and Agriculture programme
· Participate in donor and stakeholder meetings, as well as collaborate and build strong relationships with other implementing partners
· Coordination with other departments (food security and livelihood, Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Nutrition, logistics, and administration).
EVALUATIONS AND STUDIES
· Participate the development of tools and guidelines for data collection, collation analysis and reporting for internally-conducted studies and needs assessment
· Support documentation and dissemination of generated research, analysis and learning internally and externally
· Manage the specialized data management and analysis platforms
· Build the capacity of the fieldworkers and other project staffs on digital data collection and management
ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING
· Ensure that accountability to beneficiaries and transparency become an integral part of all program interventions
· Receive and register complaints and their responses in complaint database in the assigned area and make sure that complaints are logged in a professional and timely manner
· Respond and communicate with the beneficiaries in a dignified manner regarding their complaints/feedback. Keep regular follow up of complaints, update complaint database on daily basis in coordination with HR. Maintain an action plan tracker and keep a regular follow up on actions and resolutions agreed, and undertake verification visits
How to apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should submit a CV and Cover Letter only to email@example.com with the subject of the email as “M&E Officer Mandera County”. The closing date for applications is 5th of August, 2021 and application will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Each application must include at least three referees** who can validate technical expertise. Referee details should include the following information: (1) Name, (2) Current Organization, (3) Current Position, (4) An explanation of how this referee can speak on the applicants expertise, and (5) Email and Phone contact details.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Position based on availability of funding.