Guidance and Counselling Development Association (GCDA) was established in 1994 by group of volunteers with common goal in providing solutions to various problem related to social and health issues encounter by all age groups and sex under the leadership of Late Dr.(Mrs) Hannatu Ibrahim MFR, is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Northeast of Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health, HIV&AIDS prevention, and maternal neonatal and child health. GCDA works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, National, Foundation and international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in our organization to work on Key population project. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration. We require competent candidates for the following positions:
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- S/He must be Key population friendly, the desired candidates will ensure that routine tracking, data collection and documentation are utilised to showcase progress on success of project indicators and interventions.
- S/He will ensure that data collected from state level implementation are collated and entered expeditiously in web-based DHIS; and summaries included in all field activity quarterly report submissions.
- S/He will also, oversee the tracking, analysing and reporting of data on the various components of the project.
- The successful candidate will equally track project performance indicator data related to relevant states, and disseminate M&E data and information regularly to stakeholders.
- S/He will take the lead in implementing state level surveys in the state.
- S/He must be able to analyse datasets to provide data to inform programme decisions.
Minimum Academic/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- Must possess a first degree in Sciences/Medical/Behavioural/Social Sciences or its equivalent in a relevant field. A masters degree in public health or a related field will be of added advantage.
- Must have minimum of 5 years experience in implementing monitoring and evaluation of health and related programmes with foucs on Key Populations.
- Must have considerable expertise in mixed-methods (qualitative and quantitative) M&E and research.
- Must possess the ability to analyse and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data to inform programming.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of DHIS, and or other compatible database software will be of added advantage.
- Must have experience conducting monitoring visits, utilising checklists and other tools, including the ability to develop M&E tools as needed.
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
- We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Method of Application
A one page application letter (using the position reference as subject), addressed to the GCDA Executive Director, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address, should be sent latest 4days from the date of this advert to the email address beside the job you are applying for. firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*GCDA is an equal opportunity employer. FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Compensation & Benefits: The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.