To effectively carry out our mission, we have committed to implement outcome-driven and evidence-based programs, measure what we achieve, act on what we learn, and generate new and relevant evidence. We need to produce high-quality data that can inform decision-making while also meeting donor requirements. The Measurement Unit is responsible for global guidance, resources and coordination to empower staff across all our programs with the skills and tools they need to measure our programs and support the best outcomes for our clients.
IRC’s Measurement Unit is investing significantly to improve the use of technology in M&E within its programs in international Crisis Response, Recovery and Development (CRRD). This will include development and deployment of new data collection, management and visualization tools, the transition from paper to electronic data collection, and improvements and standardization of data management tools (collectively described as “toolkits”). Working with the Director of Data & Monitoring, the Senior Business Analyst, IT Specialists and other members of the Measurement Team, the Business Analyst will apply their experience of M&E in the humanitarian and development field, to work as part of a team dedicated to creating high quality products that meet country measurement needs, along with the vital support systems and materials to drive their successful uptake.
- Coordinate the development of data toolkit workplans and document the scope, timeline, and costs for each toolkit.
- Plan and schedule project meetings with key staff in Measurement IT, Technical Excellence, and program teams.
- Support M&E toolkit requirements gathering and documentation, consulting with stakeholders to make sure they are correct and complete.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing, including helping technical unit product owners to develop user stories for testing, communicating with users, and collecting user feedback.
- Collaborate closely with IT and other key partners to ensure configurations meet requirements and adhere to IRC standards.
- Develop M&E Toolkit technical/programmatic guidance in collaboration with the technical units and IT, analyzing existing guidance for gaps and supporting the development of new guidance.
- Collaborate with the technical units and MU learning and training advisor to develop user-friendly training and participate in training delivery for system users.
- Regularly connect with internal partners to socialize and improve toolkits.
- Other measurement unit responsibilities as mutually agreed
· A master’s degree in social sciences, business or other relevant field, or a bachelor’s with equivalent experience.
· At least 4 years of professional experience, including monitoring and evaluation and technology implementation roles in humanitarian/development projects in diverse and low resources contexts.
· Familiarity with ODK based data collection tools such as Commcare or KoboCollect.
· Experience with data analysis and visualization, in Excel, Power BI, Tableau or similar.
· Experience leading planning processes, building workplans and collaborating across diverse groups.
· Experience creating content for and delivering technical trainings.
· Ability to learn fast and work independently in a culturally diverse environment, listen and respond sensitively to different communication styles, and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
· Willingness to travel, including to insecure locations.
· Experience with user acceptance testing (UAT).
· Experience with Jira, or other project management systems and agile development principles.
· Knowledge of at least one other IRC language (French, Spanish or Arabic).
How to apply