Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning Coordinator
This position will also oversee the project’s learning agenda and take responsibility for dissemination strategies. This position will guide a team responsible for the implementation of M&E and accountability protocols in the countries where the project will operate. It will also oversee a portfolio of field-based implementation research or evaluations and learning that may be led by IRC researchers or research partners. The position will also coordinate and ensure that the MEAL system of the project is harmonized across the consortium, establish a clear data sharing system across the consortium and provide MEAL related technical assistance.
- Provide technical leadership in the review, development and implementation of overall monitoring and evaluation and accountability framework for project implementation across country programs.
- Strengthen capacity on interpretation and use of performance benchmarking measures, indicators, and program learning to consortium staff and MoH counterparts.
- Develop and ensure compliance with procedures for collection and reporting of project and program performance and feedback data and to provide quality, timely, and complete data and reports.
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed.
- Prepare M&E and accountability section of the annual work plans, and of review or updates of it, as needed.
- Participate and provide input to program strategy, including necessary adjustments or refinements to the work plan;
- Collaborate with research advisors on design and implementation of implementation research and program evaluations, including hiring and supervision of consultants when needed.
- With support from Technical Lead, serve as a point person for immunization supply chain assessment including guiding data collection, analysis and report writing
- Work closely with consortium partners in developing a harmonized data management system in line based on existing M&E systems of the partners.
- Develop accountability and feedback mechanisms for the project through participatory processes that would engage IRC country teams and consortium partners
- Provide direction and oversight for all MEAL staff in target project countries
- Education: BA/BS in public health, statistics, or related field.
- Work Experience: At least 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation, including experience in last mile immunization required; at least two years working on M&E or in low- and middle-income countries required; at least one year field experience in humanitarian or low-resource setting required.
- Technical Expertise: Experience training and supervising country-office teams, project and remote management; demonstrated technical expertise in the design and implementation of M&E and accountability systems required; experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methods as well as data platform development an advantage
- Team work: Able to work with remote, multi-cultural, and multi-disciplinary teams
- Communication Skills: Excellence in writing and presentation
- Training Skills: Able to transfer technical knowledge and skills
- Willingness to travel to fragile / conflict-affected contexts.
- Language Skills: English required
- Dedication and ability to work independently with attention to detail and quality, delivering timely results.
Method of Application
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Protection Assistant-Psychosocial Counselor (Re-Advertisement) at Danish Refugee Council
- Regional Emergency Coordinator at Danish Refugee Council
- National Project Officer – Peacebuilding and Dialogue Mediation at International Organization for Migration
- Assistant coordinateur général (F/H) at Médecins du Monde
- Epidemiologist (M/F) at Epicentre