Career with BRAC International
BRAC International is a leading non-profit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Founded in 1972, by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, BRAC is the largest non-governmental development organisation in the world, and is present in 15 countries across Asia and Africa today. BRAC designs proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on various programmes, including health, agriculture, microfinance, education, and youth empowerment, is touching the lives of over 100 million people in the Global South.
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organization with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. We design proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied across 10 countries, touching the lives of over 130 million people, where our models are adapted according to the country’s context.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
There is mounting urgency to support adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) living in poverty, which has been further amplified by the global pandemic. Through this partnership, scalable economic development approaches will be delivered in communities to foster the agency and voice of AGYW. They will have the opportunity to fulfill their aspirations, achieve sustainable livelihoods, and engage in advocacy issues.
BRAC International will implement an integrated and holistic model to address the various life cycles of a young woman living in poverty, ensuring she is able to transition safely from adolescence to adulthood. She will be equipped with the appropriate skills, tools, and access to finance to effectively exercise her agency and build a fulfilling and productive livelihood.
In preparation for the launch of the program, BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position in Rwanda.
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer
Job Location: Huye/Nyanza
The MEAL Officer provides support for successful monitoring and evaluation of the program, as well as for generating and translating evidence to inform programmatic adaptation. The MEAL Officer will be supervised by the MEAL Manager and contribute to the design and implementation of a monitoring, evaluation, research and learning system that integrates known standard best practices with innovative methods and is responsible for ensuring the functional integration of all MEAL activities as well as active collaboration with local partners. This individual contributes to building M&E capacity of staff and partners; and promotes local ownership and sustainability through participatory and empowerment methods.
Key Duties/Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of AIM MEL framework to ensure systemic change and systems strengthening.
- Support the development of MEL systems for collecting, tracking, analysing, and reporting the progress of the project activities against targets and expected outcomes.
- Train and guide the project team on MEL tools and processes.
- Assist with refining and implementing the program’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plan across all program components including the identification of process, output, outcome indicators specific to AIM activities.
- Helps ensure the quality data monitoring, collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting.
- Contribute to M&E capacity development of field staff, including continuous high quality technical assistance, training, mentoring and coaching to set up and implementing M&E systems, data quality management, basic data analysis, reporting, and using of data for decision-making.
- Support the drafting of deliverables to donor in a timely manner, including program reporting, knowledge management and information sharing.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of learning studies.
- Contribute to internal AIM Support virtual and in person events including developing content, facilitating sessions, and supporting planning and logistics.
- Support the Area Manager and field teams in all aspects of program implementation to ensure timely, Accurate, and thoughtful completion of deliverables.
All other duties as assigned
- Safeguarding Responsibilities
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation
- Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in any of the following or related fields: social science, international development, evaluation, statistics, or economics
3+ years relevant experience in implementing results-based MEL activities or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data and packaging the findings.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, including USAID, FCDO and other donor agencies best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Ability to work well on a team and with various partner organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available statistical software programs.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks;
- Willing to be able to travel within the working areas of Huye, Nyanza and other areas as required.
- High degree of professionalism and ability to deal sensitively with confidential material;
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- The successful MEAL Manager will combine exceptional technical skills and experience in maintaining donor and government relationships. S/he will have previous experience in working in multi sectoral youth, education, livelihoods, and social development projects.
- S/he will have an outstanding ability to design and provide technical oversight of innovative programs within the current and future program structure of BRAC International.
S/he will also have proven experience with cross-cultural team and capacity building, individual staff development and strong mentoring skills. The successful candidate will be able to provide oversight across the country portfolio
How to apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of the position applied for, an updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and notarized copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Application deadline is 30 May 2023
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Human Resources and Administration Officer at BRAC
- Project Manager – Darwin Extra, Kenya at Fauna & Flora International
- Interpreters at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
- Coordinateur·trice Financier – Burkina Faso – basé à BFA-Ouagadougou at Première Urgence Internationale
- Grants and Partnerships Officer – CAR at Concern Worldwide