Chemonics seeks a monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) director for the anticipated USAID Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) activity in Benin. The anticipated, five-year, $10 to $25 million activity aims to strengthen and enhance the health system in Benin to deliver quality health services. The activity will 1) strengthen the management of human resources for health, 2) increase data availability and use, 3) increase private sector investments, and 4) strengthen the implementation and scale up of Universal Health Coverage (UHC). The monitoring, evaluation, and learning director will lead the development, oversight, and implementation of Benin HSS’ MEL strategy. This position will be based in Cotonou, Benin. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the design and implementation of the MEL strategy, including performing routine activity monitoring and reporting, data analysis and use, and data quality assurance while ensuring adherence to USAD guidance and standards
- Develop technical and operational metrics to monitor Benin HSS progress and implementation for core and buy-in activities, set targets, and monitor progress through data collection, review, and analysis
- Lead the design and operationalization of the activity’s MEL systems to ensure standardization across activities in indicators, data collection, and reporting
- Supervise Benin HSS MEL staff and provide MEL-related support, training, mentoring, and coaching to staff, subcontractors, grantees, and other partners as needed
- Lead the application of collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) principles and ensure Benin HSS staff leverage feedback loops to pivot and adapt as needed
- Work collaboratively with activity leadership and stakeholders to implement strategic activities that provide sustainable long-term results
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the chief of party
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, or social sciences
- Minimum of six years of experience in managing and/or leading MEL activities for large-scale health service delivery or HSS programs in Benin or similar settings
- Previous experience supporting MEL on USG-funded health programming in Benin desired
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, and data analysis and visualization required
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with USAID reporting, data quality assurance, Benin government and USG data collection systems (e.g. DHIS2, DATIM) and other relevant requirements
- Demonstrated ability to translate project objectives and vision into an evidence-based theory of change
- Strong analytical skills to successfully use data and evidence to guide program adaptations
- Excellent ability to articulate oral and written technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Professional fluency in French required, fluency in English highly desired. Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
How to apply
Please complete your application via this link by March 31, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Sub-Purpose 1: Institutional Strengthening Director at Chemonics
- Sub-Purpose 2: Social Cohesion Director at Chemonics
- Deputy Chief of Party- Programs (DCOPP) at Chemonics
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Senior Technical Advisor, Tanzania Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity at Chemonics
- Finance and operations director | Cotonou, Benin | 2023 at Chemonics