CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people. Our Mission CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. Our Vision We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security.
Responsible for Global to Local (G2L) and Adolescent Mothers Against all Odds (AMAL) Projects Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL). The MEAL Officer will design implement cost effective, innovative robust MEAL system. The MEAL will continually review the practicality and effectiveness and suggest modifications as necessary of the MEAL system.
Job Responsibility #1:
Supervision and Management of Direct Report
· Assist the Project Manager to manage, train and develop the Monitoring and Evaluation team
· Identify direct reports capacity development needs and in consultation with the Project Manager
· Guide direct reports prepare performance plans and appraise them in consultation with Project Manager and partner staff.
% of Time: 15%
Job Responsibility #2: Develop an appropriate MEAL system in line with the HER Sector design and objectives
· Continually examine specific G2L and AMAL project output components to be monitored and evaluated.
· Develop monitoring, accountability and reporting tools for the project and programs’ outputs, suggest modifications and develop new and appropriate tools as necessary.
· Provide routine guidance to G2L and AMAL on field testing and use of new innovative monitoring tools as they are developed and refine them for SRH/GBV Sector use.
% of Time: 20%
Similar Vacancies, Ngo jobs in Africa now
Confederation of African Football (CAF) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Administrative Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General
Medecins du Monde (MdM) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Plan International Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Population Services International (PSI) Job Recruitment (7 Positions)
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation (AFRYDEV) Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
Job Responsibility #3: Facilitate the implementation of G2L and AMAL HER Sector MEAL system and ensure accuracy of data and information collected.
· Take the lead in training all staff in understanding and use of all monitoring and reporting tools.
· Review field reports to ensure that they respond to the G2L and AMAL project objectives and comply with sector indicators.
% of Time: 15%
Job Responsibility #4: Ensure G2L and AMAL data and information collected are analyzed and made accessible to the management in a form usable for decision-making.
· Establish a filing system for various program activities to ensure easy retrieval of information as and when needed.
· Develop an appropriate project database of the sector to facilitate processing of required information.
· Continually analyze G2L and AMAL field data to verify status as and when necessary, and produce daily, weekly, monthly/quarterly data computation and analysis reports for use by project/project management.
· Verify the validity of field data by making routine field visits to check adherence to agreed data collection methods and authenticity of collected information.
· Documentations of lessons learnt, good practices and support the G2L and AMAL writing refereed papers for publication
% of Time: 25%
Job Responsibility #5: Supervision, Liaison and collaboration with other projects, and agencies (e.g. UN, INGOs, State and Local Government Area (LGA).
· Supervise, review and coordinate contracted consultants and any other persons assigned to MEAL officer
· Facilitate collaboration on MEAL with other agencies in the region to ensure uniformity in tracking of SRH/GBV Sector indicators.
· Promote good PR and enhance CARE’s positive image during presentations
· Perform any other monitoring and evaluation duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
% of Time: 20%
Job Responsibility #6:
· Perform any other tasks assigned by the Project Manager or her/his designate
% of Time: 5%
III. PROBLEM SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
There are three levels of problem-solving:
What has to be done and how to do it are clearly defined, and the incumbent will face identical or similar problems on a regular basis;
What has to be done is known, but how to do it is not defined. The incumbent must use interpolative skills to pick and choose the right strategy to address a given problem; and
Why things are done is known, but what has to be done and how to do it are not defined.
Situations are variable and the incumbent’s response will involve analysis, problem definition, development of alternatives, and making recommendations. She will face and address problems that are typically non-recurring.
Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
Digital Communications Officer at ActionAid International
Compliance Director at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Senior Technical Officer – Prevention, Care & Treatment at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
WHE Team Lead at World Health Organization (WHO)
Field Coordinator at World Health Organization (WHO)
Field Security Officer at World Health Organization (WHO)
Regional Marketing Officer, SSA (Exams and Cultural Engagement) at British Council
Senior Technical Advisor, HIV Prevention at Pathfinder International
Associate Director, Pharmaceutical Care and Supply Chain Management at Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
III. QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
Minimum 1st degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, economics
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in M&E
Competent in use and application of SPSS
Excellent experience on conducting quantitative and qualitative research, studies, assessment from start to end including dissemination of findings to a wide range of diverse audience
§ Master’s Degree in a related field.
§ Minimum of 3 years’ experience on MEAL in the field of development
§ Masters in social science, disaster management, development studies or relevant discipline
§ Good understanding of the country’s humanitarian context, empowering and advocacy issues in Nigeria
§ Strong analytical skills and understanding of MEAL Framework, tools and indicator setting
§ Evidence-based monitoring and evaluation frameworks and programmes, with emphasis on participatory and partnership-based MEAL approaches
§ Strong knowledge of IT applications and development – especially spreadsheets and database management
§ Fluency in both written and spoken English and good report-writing skills
Previous experience working with an I/NGO or a Development organization.
C) TECHNICAL SKILLS:
§ Fluency in English and Hausa.
§ Familiarity with project cycle management, monitoring and evaluation
§ Organised and able to manage own time under guidance and direction from line-manager
§ Commitment to CARE’s overall aims and beliefs, including strong commitment to gender, diversity issues, equal opportunities and capacity building
§ Strong interpersonal and self-awareness skills
§ Ability and willingness to undertake extensive travel in the country
§ Well-developed conceptual, critical, analytical thinking and planning skills
§ Ability to take Initiative, drive to achieve results, ability to develop effective organizations Understanding and experience of gender equity issues and their relevance to humanitarian response work
§ Ability to work effectively with others, adaptive and flexible.
§ Strong level of autonomy to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns
§ Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
§ Details focus
§ Strong team player
§ Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities
§ Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
§ Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from various backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
Meth Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CARE on carenigeria.seamlesshiring.com to apply
You might Also Like
Programme Policy Officer (School Feeding) CST-I (Mogadishu & Garowe) at World Food Programme
Deputy Nutrition Cluster Coordinator, Consultant (Level II), Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer AAP (Accountability to Affected Populations) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Joint Resilience Programme Coordinator) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Social Protection) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Food Systems) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) – NOA at World Food Programme
Communications Officer at Mercy Corps
Subaward & Compliance Officer at Mercy Corps