Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Director, Nigeria Livestock
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a MEL and CLA Director for an anticipated livestock program in Nigeria funded by USAID. The Activity will explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states.
The MEL and CLA Director will design and manage the MEL and CLA plan and learning agenda on technical and management processes. They will supervise the MEL, KM, communication, and reporting functions to systematically generate, synthesize, share, and apply learning, effective, and adaptive management. The program is anticipated to start in late December 2022 and this position will be based in Nigeria (most likely Abuja).
- Facilitate learning workshops with MEL and technical leads, engaging partners in identifying evidence-based ways to adapt and scale interventions
- Create, share, and manage relevant knowledge assets that support program outcomes
- Ensure that programmatic learning and results are fully documented, shared, and used to drive adaptive management processes
- Lead the collection, analysis, documentation, dissemination, and use of best practices and lessons learned
- Design and implement internal and external knowledge exchange and learning events to improve peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application
- Supervise the detailed work plan for implementation of the program’s Communication and Outreach Strategy
- Develop and/or maintain strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders to promote effective coordination, collaboration, and dissemination of program learning
- Support the design of and manage the MEL framework and plan that incorporates CLA principles and components
- Ensure effective reporting, data collection, and monitoring systems are in place
- Provide technical assistance to ACDI/VOCA staff members and partner organization staff in the utilization and management of monitoring and impact assessment tools
- Develop and test instruments for data collection; collect, analyze, and summarize field visit reports from program technical staff and implementing partners
- Evaluate the integration of project design with the program strategy and the impact of business and technical processes to the program
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative program impact surveys to ensure that project goals are met and that the team constantly improves program implementation quality
- Conduct data quality reviews to ensure that all information required for submission to donor is collected in a valid, reliable, and timely manner
- Complete impact assessment, baseline, midline, and end line surveys to assess the impact of the project on livelihoods
- Design learning approaches that enable analysis of data, context, and emerging experience, as well as iterative adaptive management for the Activity’s technical approaches
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economics, business administration, or relevant field required
- 8 years of experience implementing knowledge management and sharing/learning, using CLA principles and approaches
- Demonstrated experience using a mix of informational sources and research methods to analyze project progress, communicate findings to a range of external and internal stakeholders, and apply learning to work planning
- Proven leadership in supervising staff, managing multiple complex project components, and convening people across technical teams to build consensus and achieve an outcome
- Ability to provide technical assistance and advisory services to a range of financial service providers
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required; Knowledge of regional languages is a plus
Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.