The USAID/Liberia Civil Society Activity (CSA) aims to strengthen Liberian Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to more effectively engage their constituents (citizens), contribute to decision-making processes, and oversee government actions. The purpose of this activity is to strengthen Liberians’ ability to advocate for policy reforms, policy implementation, and service delivery through multi-stakeholder coalitions that build feedback loops among government, CSOs, and citizens.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director will work closely with the COP and USAID to design and manage the activity’s MEL and CLA systems, including overseeing a MEL Officer responsible for data collection. Oversee the implementation of research and learning grants.
- Lead the design and drafting of the CSA MEL Plan.
- Ensure that feedback loops inform decisions through adaptive management.
- Design and conduct intermediate outcome evaluations.
- Responsible for consolidating and presenting key highlights from activity and cluster-level assessments conducted in the preceding implementation period
- Lead the team in developing additional protocols and standards during the first six months of the program.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive knowledge management framework with tools and systems to capture lessons learned to ensure that the CSA project staff and partners can quickly identify, share, and incorporate those lessons into more effective initiatives.
- Coordinate with the recipient CSOs, ministries, private sector groups, etc. to provide data at the end of their grant periods. Cross-check the data in the management information system with project records and external data sources before submitting quarterly and annual reports.
- Regularly analyze data collected to assess the activity’s progress. Ensure all relevant data is entered into the Liberia Mission’s Performance Indicator Database System on a timely basis.
- Conduct quality control (QC) audits of project data on a quarterly basis.
- Directly supervise the MEL Officer.
Reports to: Chief of Party
- Bachelor’s level degree required in relevant area such as international development, statistics, economics, business, management, etc. Master’s preferred**.**
- Ten (10) years of international development experience, with experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Previous experience in managing MEL on USAID-funded projects; demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies and regulations.
- A track record successfully collaborating with USAID or other donor counterparts.
- Demonstrated experience designing, managing, and implementing a complex civil society capacity building, coalition building, policy advocacy, citizen engagement, and/or accountability programs preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID grants under contract management procedures is preferred.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with civil society, government officials, civic leaders, media, private sector representatives, and international donors.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with and building capacity of diverse teams and building partnerships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Previous work experience in Liberia/West Africa preferred.
How to apply
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application via this link https://fs23.formsite.com/OLJTgx/xjbmlrq0go/index.html .