Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director, Liberia
ACDI/VOCA is seeking qualified candidates for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director role for anticipated programs in Liberia funded by USAID and envisioned to start in Fall 2022.
The MEL Director will manage the program’s performance monitoring and learning plans, as well as develop appropriate qualitative and quantitative measurement tools. They will supervise a M&E team in conducting baseline and annual data collection surveys, reporting, and building the M&E capacity of implementing partners. This position will be based in Liberia.
- Direct and manage overall MEL activities of the program
- Ensure effective reporting, data collection, and monitoring systems are in place
- Coordinate with program teams to develop and update the Performance Monitoring Plans and work with the donor on its implementation and updating
- Ensure M&E quality and standards adhere to guidelines and industry standard good practices
- Track and analyze project indicators and other useful statistics to prepare high-quality, timely reports using the recommended formats and communication channels
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor community projects for compliance, efficiency in implementation, and overall satisfaction of beneficiaries and stakeholders
- Participate in the knowledge management system to capture relevant information that will inform decisions, support project reporting requirements, and foster learning within the project
- Design interventions to increase the flow and effectiveness (leading to behavior change) of information based on assessments
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to share experiences and lessons and to brainstorm ways of applying new learning
- Bachelor’s degree in evaluation, development studies, economics, statistics, or relevant field required; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing the M&E component of a donor-funded project
- Successful track record of leading US Government-funded projects in Liberia required; USAID programing preferred
- Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods, survey design and implementation, and statistical data analysis is required
- Familiarity with applying the Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) approach to management is desired
- Fluency in English is required.
Liberian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.