Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The USAID/Kenya and East Africa (USAID/KEA) Mission’s Localization, Inclusion and Sustainability (LIS) Activity aims to support USAID/KEA’s staff and stakeholders to be more efficient, effective, transparent, inclusive and skilled in achieving development outcomes. This activity will ensure that the Mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) is implemented with a heightened focus on working with local partners, elevating local voices, and co-creating programs with local partners, including marginalized populations, girls and women, and youth.
The Activity has the following objectives:
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL): Strengthen monitoring, evaluation, verification, and data utilization to improve development results.
- Organizational Development (OD): Improve systems, coordination, collaboration and OD to enhance institutional learning and program effectiveness.
- Capacity Building: Provide capacity building services to empower and enfranchise local actors.
- Strategy: Support strategy development, implementation, and process management to enable continuous planning, delivering, assessing, and adapting of development programs.
- Logistics: Provide logistical support to ensure productive and efficient operations.
SI is seeking a MEL Lead for the upcoming USAID/KEA LIS Activity. This will be a senior technical position on the project, reporting to the Chief of Party (COP), and will be responsible for overseeing and managing technical work under Objective 1 of the Activity. This position will be full-time for the duration of the five-year project and will be based in Nairobi.
Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Kenyan citizenship will be considered.
- Lead the design and development of services and activities under the MEL component of the project, including developing scope/budget/timelines for assigned activities.
- Develop, review and align performance management plans to Mission strategies and activities.
- Lead third-party monitoring (TPM) services, including data verification, context monitoring, implementation monitoring, data quality assessments, compliance monitoring, and data analysis, visualization, and utilization.
- Build Mission and Implementing Partners’ capacity to conduct effective monitoring site visits and analyze and utilize “real-time” data for decision making and adaptive management.
- Support the development and implementation of responsive evaluations, assessments, and analyses, including drafting statements of work and cost estimates.
- Support the development of data visualization dashboards.
- Facilitate the utilization and integration of MEL findings and recommendations from local voices, experts, and leadership (including youth and women)
- Build staff’s capacity to use qualitative and quantitative evaluation approaches.
- Provide technical assistance and support in addressing USAID’s gender and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion objectives.
- Manage teams including full-time staff and consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related field.
- At least eight years of management experience in MEL on international development projects.
- Extensive experience overseeing monitoring, verification and reporting (MV&R) and/or third party monitoring (TPM) services for development projects.
- Experience working on USAID projects strongly preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; fluency in Kiswahili strongly preferred.
How to apply
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply for the position, please visit our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=4047
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.