Post: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer Mondelez Climate Change Project
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will perform MEL and reporting functions for the Mondelez Climate Change and Organizational Strengthening Project.
- Work with the MEL Manager of Fairtrade Foundation, MEL Officer of Fairtrade Africa-West Africa Network and the Project Manager to develop and implement a MEL plan for the project, including drafting results framework.
- Ensure that the MEL plan, a key component of the project, is revised and updated when necessary, to ensure it adequately measures progress and accomplishments of the project.
- Ensure that the project team understands and implements the MEL plan including the project’s learning objectives and best practices.
- Participate in the design of project activities, particularly relating to the setting of goals, objectives, targets, anticipated results and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- In consultation with the project team, maintain a schedule for all monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure that they are carried out in a timely manner.
- Review project specific activities and reports to ensure that they adequately respond to the project approved indicators.
- Review and provide input on the project annual work plans and activity monitoring and evaluation plans to ensure that the project activities and targets supports the project’s KPIs and anticipated results.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, coordinate reflection sessions with staff to identify what worked and how to enhance effectiveness of activity implementation.
- Coordinate the process of compiling progress reports (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports).
- Assess the quality of performance data for the project’s performance indicators through designing, developing, and implementing a system of surveys and instruments for the relevant data.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor and assess implementation of project activities in coordination with relevant technical staff of the project.
- Identify and anticipate challenges in the implementation of planned project activities in collaboration with the technical staff and beneficiaries of the project.
Coordination of monitoring and evaluation
- Manage all formal reviews and planned learning activities and ensure that implementation remains on track and in support of the project’s goal and objectives.
- Collaborate with the FTA-WAN MEL Officer on building the capacity of the project team on MEL.
- Facilitate collection for baseline, midline and end line values for the project as outlined in the MEL plan.
- Lead in organizing participatory events with project staff and beneficiaries to reflect on project performance and provide recommendations.
- Support the Project Manager in developing ToRs for specific consultancies to advance the project implementation.
- Institute a learning system, practice and adoption for the project team and stakeholders.
- Develop and deploy tools and strategies for monitoring and tracking project activities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Minimum Academic Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, social science, development or other related field
Other Specialist qualification (Desired)
- Knowledge and understanding of the Fairtrade system
- Certificate in research methods/M&E
- Project Management Certificate
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
- At least 5 years’ working experience in a similar position
Knowledge of Systems and Procedures
- Knowledge in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Knowledge in concepts of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Knowledge in statistical tools for data analysis
- Skills in using MS Office applications especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and knowledge of accounting software.
- Knowledge in program and project monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to drive innovation and learning.
- Presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Supportive and versatile
- Results oriented and focused.
- Respectful and a person with integrity
Communication demands and Competencies.
- Knowledge of the cocoa value chain in the region
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak some of the local languages
- Ability to speak and write in english
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Consultant – DEVELOP ETHICAL RECRUITMENT GUIDELINES FOR THE SOUTHERN AFRICA REGION – RE-ADVERTISEMENT
- Nutrition Manager at International Medical Corps
- Technical Assistant – High Frequency Reporting at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Technical Assistant – Monitoring & Evaluation at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Senior Compliance Officer at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)