Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a national faith-based organization committed to promoting universal access to quality health care in Kenya since 1946. CHAK is seeking to recruit highly competent, experienced and fit for purpose key personnel in the anticipated five-year contract to continue acceleration of sustainable high-quality comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services, to achieve the 95-95-95 targets and HIV epidemic control, and transition to a sustainable service delivery model in the Central Kenya region.
Reporting to the PI, the M&E Director will provide overall technical guidance on design, development and implementation of the project M&E strategy for timely collection, analysis, and data use for project performance management, knowledge management and adaptive learning. She will build the capacity of FBHF and counties to strengthen data driven planning and management.
· Monitoring & Evaluation Lead / Director will Oversee the design and implementation of the project’s MERL plan for monitoring progress towards intended results as defined in the key performance indicators.
· Design and undertake the M&E baseline assessment and develop the follow-up capacity building and M &E system strengthening plan.
· Monitoring & Evaluation Lead / Director shall Provide high level TA to strengthen county supervisory and mentorship capacity to FBHF on M&E procedures, data collection and management practices in alignment with the M&E plan.
· Oversee the development and maintenance of a comprehensive project data management system, including effective, efficient, and secure flow of data from collection through compilation, storage, analysis and reporting.
· Monitoring & Evaluation Lead / Director shoud Institutionalize FBHF and County data quality systems into M&E processes to assure validity, reliability, precision, integrity, timeliness of data through Routine Data Quality Assessments (RDQA) and follow-up corrective interventions to address observed gaps.
· Ensure timely and accurate MOH and donor reporting, data analysis and use for data driven program management and adaptation, and disseminate the findings to stakeholders to promote cross learning.
· Integrate participatory M&E methods for promoting local ownership and sustainability; and ensure inclusive and gender-sensitive M&E.
· Monitoring & Evaluation Lead / Director will Provide TA to the M&E project technical teams to empower them offer quality support FBHF and subcounty teams.
· Represent the project team at M&E technical/stakeholder forums with the county and national government, the donor agencies and other implementing partners
· Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics/Health Statistics, or related discipline.
· Must be conversant with the Ministry of Health M&E, NASCOP tools and Kenya HIV Quality Improvement Framework (KHQIF)
· 10 years’ program experience in developing and implementing quality improvement systems in large and complex USG projects of similar scope.
· Strong coordination, supervisory and management skills
· Excellent data base management (SQL, Access, Excel) and analytical skills (either of Stata or SPSS)
· Knowledge and expertise working with MOH and PEPFFAR reporting systems.
· Report writing and presentation skills
· Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates are advised to send their CV and application letter briefly describing his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com on or before 15th May 2022. Only qualified candidates should apply. Applicants must quote the Position on application Subject.
*Disclaimer: CHAK does not charge money nor engage an agent at any point of the recruitment process**
- Job City Nairobi