The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International
Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
- Job Title
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Level of Effort
Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
Number of Persons Required Two (2)
This position reports to the Senior Technical Officer Monitoring & Evaluation
- Responsible for the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies for the state offices.
- Will work with others in the state office and implementing partners to ensure that state monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet USAID and project’s M&E needs.
- Will provide leadership to the field level M&E program, provide overall guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation and on US Government and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements, provide support to sites in the state, including interacting with site Program Managers, Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensure that locally employed monitoring and evaluation staff, consultants and ECEWS partners understand and can support these requirements.
- Manage the state office’s reporting cycle to ensure high quality and complete datasets are sent to the country office on a periodic basis, or when required, work with local partners to develop their project monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Will support the correct implementation and use of routine data collection tools, conduct monthly routine monitoring visits to project sites and provide supportive supervision.
Job Requirements Education
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar Degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for global health initiatives including familiarity with PEPFAR M&E reporting requirements.
- Or MPH or MS / MA in relevant Degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for global health initiatives including familiarity with PEPFAR M&E reporting requirements.
- Or BS / BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant Degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation including familiarity with PEPFAR M&E reporting requirements.
- Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative research and in conducting survey and/or sampling;
- Strong knowledge in the use of spreadsheet and database packages (Excel), in statistical software such as SPSS and GIS tools (Arc View, Arc Info, etc.);
- Experience in use of mobile technology (SMS, SMART, etc. and in the design or management of a Monitoring Database could be an asset;
- Proven networking, team-building, organizational, and communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
Technology to be used:
- Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), SPSS, Epi Info, STATA, LAMIS, NOMIS, DHIS, NHMIS, office telephone, calculator, cell phone and printer/copier.
- 70% – 80%
This vacancy will close on the 2nd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: email@example.com
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.