The Bishop Gassis Relief and Rescue Foundation (BGRRF) is a newly established organisation, with its Head Office initially in Nairobi, Kenya and now transitioning to South Sudan. This organisation has grown out of the pastoral services, and humanitarian and development programmes implemented through the Diocese of El Obeid (DoE) and South Sudan. H.E Macram Max Gassis, Bishop (Emeritus) of El Obeid, set up this foundation to continue the humanitarian work in the same areas of operation as the diocese, as well as to have the ability to respond to other areas of humanitarian need, as necessary.
The Foundation (BGRRF) is implementing programmes in response to humanitarian needs in South Sudan and Sudan. In addition, the organization continues to run development, humanitarian and pastoral service activities in both Nuba Mountains and in Twic State in South Sudan. The activities include Health, Education, Women’s Groups, Radio Station, Water and Sanitation provision and the Diocese’s Pastoral Service Programmes. To support the implementation of these programmes, BGRRF is recruiting a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer to be based in Kauda, – South Kordofan.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Kauda- South Kordofan
Safeguarding Programme Participants Policy:
BGRRF is committed to Safeguarding people within our programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with BGRRF will be expected to sign BGRRF Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M& E) Officer will contribute to quality programming through supporting access to and use of relevant and timely information on programme scale, relevance and effectiveness. M&E officer will support the implementation of effective, cost efficient and meaningful M&E systems. He/she will assist country programmes in the region in increasing the capabilities of staff to implement M&E systems, tool and practices consistently to improve program quality and impact.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas including induction of new staff
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
- Champion adherence to BGRRF policies, guidance and procedures.
- Support the development, rollout and implementation of BGRRF M&E frameworks, plans and standardization of data collection methods, tools, templates in accordance with the BGRRF and donor guidelines.
- Work closely with Partner organizations M&E staff to ensure monitoring of project activities is carried out as planned or adapted to changed circumstances
- Regularly check and validate output and outcome data for all projects, while providing feedback on incomplete, inconsistent and untimely data
- Ensure the dissemination and adaptation as necessary of M&E tools that meet BGRRF needs
- Work closely with other stakeholders to support assessments, reviews and evaluations in the region
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme/project development, adjustment or review
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by programme team and ensure proper archiving of M&E documentation in the region
- Carry out any other tasks as shall be assigned by the supervisor
- A Bachelor’s Degree in either Monitoring and evaluation or Project Management, Social Sciences and a certification course in M&E
- At least 2 years’ experience from working with M&E in a humanitarian/recovery context, including M&E capacity and systems development.
- Additional skills/experience in one or more of the following technical areas: health services delivery; health systems strengthening; child health/ nutrition; education, WASH, livelihoods and humanitarian projects
- Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies
- Experience working with statistical computer software packages
- Experience working with various donors and conversant with their technical frameworks, donor requirements and strategies (eg. UN agencies, Caritas, IA, EU etc.)
- Experience in training and capacity building in M&E mechanisms at various project levels
Skills and ability
- Project design and management skill
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong statistical and analytical skills (qualitative and quantitative)
- Technical knowledge of digital data solutions such as ODK, Kobo etc.
- Excellent one to one and group communication /information presentation skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 14th 2023 with the job tittle on the subject line**.** The cover letter should indicate the present and desired salary, notice period and three current references. Due to the urgency of this position, applicants will be shortlisted on a rolling basis. BGRRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and this is a National position. Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Associate Operational Data Management Officer, P2, Tunis (JPO position – open to Dutch candidates and those from eligible Developing Countries)
- Office & Finance Administrator at Oxford Policy Management
- Project Manager (ICT) at UNOPS
- Resettlement Specialist at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
- Resettlement Officer at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya