The Geneva-based International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a humanitarian organization that provides protection and assistance to people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. Our institution employs more than 20,000 staff and is present in 80 countries. The ICRC Regional Delegation in Pretoria is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following vacancy:
Movement Cooperation Finance and Administration Officer:
The Movement Cooperation Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for preparing, reconciling, and analysing the accounting records and financial reports of the Cooperation and RFL programs including other relevant ICRC programs implemented with National Societies (NS) in the respective countries. Under the supervision of the Cooperation Coordinator, s/he develops and/or adapts finance and administration working tools used in the Cooperation department and provides coaching to ICRC and NS staff on financial procedures and best practices. S/he also provides general administrative and logistical support as required.
Description of the role:
The incumbent performs the following activities:
- Develop, improve and/or adapt finance and administration processes, working tools, and procedures used by the Regional Cooperation and non-Cooperation teams in implementing their respective programs with NS.
- Support the implementation of joint projects and programs with NS including the preparation of the necessary documentation for processing the transfer of funds whilst ensuring that maximum amounts set are respected and adhered to.
- Track expenses and financial implementation of NS projects in the region with consistent follow-up on the financial implementation of projects and prepare the documents for discussions with the NS (plans of action, reports, etc.).
- Support financial and analytical accounting in close collaboration with Finance & Administration
- Prepare quarterly and annual balance confirmations and obtain NS signature for submission to the ICRC Finance and Administration Department.
- Provide support and coaching to relevant ICRC staff on financial rules in support of NS.
- Support and follow up on the implementation & recommendations following Due Diligence Assessments.
- Participate in the annual planning process and supports budget preparation, internal financial & narrative reporting, and reviews
- Control accounting documents including invoices and vouchers and ensures all supporting documents are duly approved, signed and stamped, calculated correctly, and dates with no alterations.
- Supports maintenance of information management and filing
- Coordinate internally with relevant ICRC departments working with NS.
Profile – Minimum required qualification & experience:
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Finance management, or Humanities
- 3-4 years of work experience in a similar field
- Experience in project and program management in project design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of community-based projects
- Experience in capacity building initiatives and donor reporting
- Contributes to the analysis of the economic, political, and social trends in Southern Africa
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Availability and willingness to travel to other countries
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
We are looking for someone responsible, organized, and with a good sense of teamwork, initiative, and respect for ICRC values. Should be able to work autonomously and with pro-activity.
Please submit your application: CV, cover letter, and copies of diplomas/certificates by electronic mail with the mention in the subject “application to the position of Cooperation Finance and Administration Officer to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications with all required documentation will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The last date for receiving the application is 1 August 2022. Start Date 01.08.2022.
- Job City Pretoria