Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Mueda – Mozambique
ABOUT OUR MISSION…
Solidarités International intervened in Mozambique in March 2019 for a few months following the passage of Cyclone Idai, which hit the Province of Sofala and the city of Beira hard. Operations were suspended after the emergency phase and the mission closed. The evolution of the situation in Cabo Delgado province, hit by several cyclones and severely affected by the violent actions of armed groups claiming to be IS, which caused the displacement of nearly 700 000 people, led to an assessment in May 2021 and to the reopening of the mission. The assessment, carried out in the most affected district highlighted needs, particularly in the WASH sector, and the lack of emergency actors. The mission is opening in a complex security and administrative environment, where access will be a major issue.
Solidarites International was one of the first INGO actors to respond to the growing crisis in Cabo Delgado, leading emergency response and distributions in hard-to-reach areas. SI has completed its opening phase, and is planning to scale up in 2022. A new field base is planned for the first quarter of 2022, and multiple new projects are opening.
- Type and content of program
This post will lead the development of the shelter response in camp, rehabilitation of a damaged buildings. The areas of intervention are Mueda, Nangade and Muidumbe districts, in the north of Cabo Delgado Province. Key programme activities include shelter kit distributions, technical training and oversight of shelter construction, NFI and HK distributions and supporting assessments in new emergencies.
Complementary projects, as well as other project targeting other district are under development.
ABOUT THE JOB
- General objectives
The emergency Shelter/NFI program manager is responsible for implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the operation proposals. She/He is responsible for overseeing operational teams assigned to the program, and guarantees the good performance and the quality of the program(s) intervention implemented, and, where appropriate, proposes adjustments or developments to ensure relevance
- Specific stakes and challenges
- Manage 2 different sectoral teams (Shelter, NFI distributions)
- Develop the shelter and NFI strategies
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
With support of the Deputy Field coordinator, the Program Manager ensure recruitments of the shelter/NFI teams (doubling the team size) and build the capacity of the team
Launch the UNHCR shelter project
Support assessments and develop SI shelter/NFI strategy
Guarantee quality and monitoring of all activities and program implementation according humanitarian and SI standards.
Set up and follow up project management tools.
- Education: Master degree in relevant subject
- At least two years of experience as program manager in humanitarian environments
- Experience in a management position in an overseas NGO environment, ideally in both emergency and developmental contexts; field based
- Skills in shelters’ construction (light structures)
- Experience in capacity buildings of teams;
- Skills in humanitarian analysis and external representation
- Experience of budget management
- Experience in Mozambique is an asset
- Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge about project cycle management and monitoring tools
- An ability to analyze information quickly and accurately
- Community mobilization and engagement skills
- Good problem solving skills in day to day and crisis situations
- A flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, Excel
- Extensive report writing skills in English
LANGUAGES: English is mandatory, Portuguese an asset
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALITIES: leadership and management / coordination with partners / planning and prioritization / flexibility / capacity to work under stress / solution making oriented / Team player
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 1800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- CCCM (Camp Coordination Camp Management) Assistant – Afgoye & Hudur at ACTED
- Senior CCCM Officer (Roving) at ACTED
- CCCM – Senior Accountability Officer (Roving) Mogadishu, Somalia. at ACTED
- SENIOR CCCM (Camp Coordination Camp Management) OFFICER – BAIDOA at ACTED
- REACH Project Development (PD) Officer KEN/SOM at ACTED