Multi-Country WISH Technical Manager
Duration of contract: 36 months
Length of the mission: until March 2024
Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info: www.hi.org
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of persons with disabilities.
In August 2020, the HI East African Region (EAR) was launched encompassing 3 countries (Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda), with Uganda as the Regional Hub. Each of the three countries each have vibrant programmes, with experienced staff and strong presence in both humanitarian and development context. HI in Kenya and Rwanda have been operational since the early 1990s, and Uganda since 2017.
All three countries implement a number of projects under similar technical domains such as Rehabilitation, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support, Inclusive Education, Livelihoods and Resilience, and Health but each also have their own specific technical focus in other areas. All 3 countries work with local partners, and ensure strong advocacy on the rights of persons with disabilities.
The Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (WISH) programme, under the banner ‘Leave No One Behind’, offers quality integrated and inclusive family planning and sexual and reproductive health services to marginalized and hard to reach populations: the poor, youth under 20 and people living with disability. WISH is the UK Government’s flagship programme to scale up its support to integrated sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) services in a range of countries across Africa and Asia by 2021.
This commercial contract represents 20% of the UK Government’s Family Planning 2020 commitments. The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) leads the WISH programme through a consortium arrangement (Lot 2 out of 2) with 10 IPPF Member Associations and hand – picked partners chosen for their expertise to maximise access and reach for people in 15 countries: Development Media International (DMI), Humanity and Inclusion UK (HI), International Rescue Committee (IRC), Marie Stopes International (MSI), and Options Consultancy Services (Options).
The HI WISH Multi-country Coordination Unit is hosted within the HI Regional/Country office, while direct SRHR intervention are implemented in South Sudan, Uganda and Madagascar. HI also provides Remote Technical Assistance to all WISH international and local partners, in other intervention area in East Africa region.
Under the WISH Multi-Country Senior Project manager the WISH technical Manager main objectives will be:
- Contributes to the regional strategies in line with the global strategies ;
- Ensures technical support to projects in line with the global technical frameworks and standards in his/her sectorial scope ;
- Ensures technical learning from projects ;
- Ensures the control & monitoring of the technical quality and the relevance of HI’s activities in the Programmes under his/her scope ;
- Ensures compliance of the technical proposition with nexus stakes Contributes to the development of research and innovation projects in the region when relevant, in his/her sectorial scope ;
- Contributes to the Technical Divisions professional channel animation.
- Contribute to the local external prestige and influence of HI’s expertise in his sectorial scope.
- Ensure the development of major opportunities or new projects in the region under his sectorial scope.
Coordination and reporting
- You have a master’s degree in Public Health or any other health-related fields
- You have at least 8 years of demonstrated work experience required, including at least 5 years in senior project management role(s) related to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights or inclusive health programming, with a focus on vulnerable and marginalised populations, including persons with disabilities, women and youth.
- You have experiences in multi-country projects, Consortium (as sub) and worked with international partners (INGOs)
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken)
- You have special abilities for collaborative work, participatory approach.
- You are an excellent team worker and have the ability to create dynamic and very positive working relations including at remotely, with high level of mutual confidence and solidarity
- You have a positive and constructive personality, very composed, solution-oriented, with a high level of professional maturity, excellent management and capacity-building skills.
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
- 36 months International contract starting from 14th, November 2022
- The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
- Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
- Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
- Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
- Repatriation insurance paid by HI
- Salary from 2757 € gross/month upon experience
- Perdiem: 591,18 € net/month – paid in the field
- Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
- R&R: according to the level of the mission Level 1: 1 day per month
- open to families (more than 12 months) : package familial (REMOVE IF NOT APPLICABLE)
- a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
- Contribution to school registration fees for children over 3 years
- Family-wide health coverage
- Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects
- Housing: Individual taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package
How to apply
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, don’t wait for applying!
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Business Manager I at Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) of Lagos
- Senior Child Health, Nutrition & Malaria Clinical Advisor at Palladium Group
- Solicitation for Resident Hire U.S. Personal Services Contractor (U.S. PSC) Senior Humanitarian Program Officer (SHPO) – Somalia, GS-13
- Operation Support Coordinator at MENTOR Initiative
- National Social Protection Specialist- SC9 at Food and Agriculture Organization