Position: National Consultant
Location: Juba, South Sudan, with possible travel to field locations
Forcier is a multi-disciplinary research and monitoring & evaluation firm operating across Africa and the Middle East since 2011. Our core services include program evaluations, opinion polling, third party monitoring, and capacity building for UN Agencies, NGOs, governments and private sector clients operating in post-conflict and challenging environments. Forcier currently has offices in South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo and Mozambique.
Job Description: Forcier seeks a National Consultant for the Final Project Evaluation of an anticipated UN Trust Fund project on early/child marriage in South Sudan. The position will be on a contract basis and be based in Juba, South Sudan with travel throughout the country. The position is open to only South Sudanese citizens.
- Provide technical and operational oversight to all aspects of the evaluation ensuring activities and deliverables are executed with quality and within time and budget requirements.
- Lead/manage evaluation, analysis, and assessment activities, including coordination and oversight of local partners engaged in these activities
- Design quantitative and/or qualitative data collection and analytical methods and tools to support evaluation design and implementation
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of findings, impact, innovations, and lessons learned
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with Forcier’s standard operating procedures, policies and regulations, and local policies and laws.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in social science, development studies, or a related field is highly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of professional evaluation experience, preferably in the context of ending violence against women and girls
- Only South Sudanese nationals are eligible
- Demonstrated knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Sound knowledge and experience of the South Sudanese context and developments
- Demonstrated level of professionalism and ability to work within tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent spoken and written English and knowledge of any of the local languages
- Good computing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and G Suite applications
- Advanced executive function and task management (you should be able to manage multiple tasks with various deadlines and be able to allocate your time and efforts accordingly)
Forcier isn’t the place for everyone. But for those who do find us to be a good fit, they can’t imagine being anywhere else. Our company operates with five immutable laws. If these don’t resonate with you, working with us probably won’t be a good fit for you. If they speak to you, you’ll find a new home with us.
- Be nice or leave. All our staff deserve to be treated professionally and with respect. Discrimination, racism, tribalism, sexism, and neo-colonialist language will not be tolerated. This applies to our clients as well.
- This is a stress-free zone. The places where we work are stressful enough, we don’t need to add extra pressure. Increasing stress increases the likelihood of errors. We all work to minimize stress together.
- We embrace a strong work ethic and a strong rest ethic. We believe that balance is critical to long-term success. We all work together to avoid burnout on our teams and ensure that team members have the opportunity to frequently and regularly take complete time off. We recognize the needs for every team member may be unique depending on their individual circumstances.
- Safety first. We never put staff or partners in harm’s way for any reason, and we do not ask staff to go places or complete work with which they do not feel personally comfortable – for any reason.
- Quality is paramount. We stand behind the integrity of our work. We don’t cut corners and we deliver the absolute best product possible every single time, both internally and externally.
Please submit both a cover letter and a CV.
Forcier aims to be an employer of choice in South Sudan. As a result, we offer competitive daily rates as well as on-the-job training opportunities to attract and retain the best talent available.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and Cover Letter on Forcier’s Career Page
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Aircraft Dispatcher & Flight Following Services at CTG
- Senior Stabilisation Advisor at Interpeace
- Roving Programme Manager (Hunger Crisis) at Plan International
- Unaccompanied Children and Youth Senior Legal Officer at St. Andrew’s Refugee Services
- RCA – Administrateur de Projet at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale