Mission: leads, manages and develops the national association as its chief executive, ensuring effective delivery of programmes and services to children and youths, families and communities within the frame of the organisation’s Vision, Mission & Values. Through seeking governmental subsidies and funding, international/national grants as well as fundraising, he/she maximises the financial self-sufficiency of the national association according to the potential in the country.
· University Degree in social sciences is highly recommended (management/leadership, HRM, educational sciences, psychology, social work etc.)
· Minimum 4 years practical experience (preferably 5 years) in one or more of the following functional areas: child and/or youth care, community development, human resource management, finance administration, psychology, education management
· Leadership experience at a senior management/executive level, preferentially within the NGO or public sector;
Main tasks and responsibilities:
· Lead the strategic planning/positioning processes of the association to ensure sustainability and relevance of the association’s work.
· Ensure the operational effectiveness of all programmes and guarantee child-care quality and protection according to the organisation’s defined standards.
· Ensure the efficient and sustainable management of the national association’s finances and other resources.
· Build the human capacity of the association to ensure its long-term growth and stability. Be first point of contact for crisis interventions/ensure cases are, reliably reported according to standards of international crisis communications guideline.
· Report directly to the chairperson of the board of directors and the Children’s Villages International (CVI) representative
· Foster a professional relationship and maintain close cooperation with the Regional Office as well as with other units within the Federation; receive guidance, support and monitoring with respect to international standards (from the Regional Office); provide specified reports and act on agreements.
· Lead and supervise the national management team (programme/facility heads as well as departmental heads).
· Represent the organisation towards government authorities and other external bodies and organisations.
Required Skills and Attributes:
· Track record of strong managerial and implementation skills
· Experience in governance work and organisation development processes
· Strong strategic awareness, integrating environmental developments, future orientation and a practical view into operational planning and day-to-day work
· Proactive decision making based on sound analysis
· Excellent communication skills, fluent oral/written English skills (preferable); Spanish proficiency (a plus)
· Valid general driver’s license
· Availability to travel frequently within the island and overseas
Interesting and challenging tasks in an international working environment; Guidance and opportunities for professional and personal development; Comparative salary.
How to apply
Please direct enquiries and submit your written application by August 29, 2021 to:
The HROD Advisor, SOS Children‘s Villages Jamaica, P.O. Box 654, Montego Bay #2, St. James
E-Mail: email@example.com ; Fax: (876) 979-5855. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.