United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National HACT Consultant
Job no: 563046
Contract type: Consultant
Categories: Research, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
Purpose of Activity / Assignment
- In 2022, UNICEF Nigeria and Gavi launched the PHC MOU – Memorandum of Understanding on the collaboration for strengthening the Immunization and Primary Health Care systems in eight states in Nigeria to support the Implementation of the Nigeria Government Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) program jointly with the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- As part of the program, HACT team is leading on the financial management capacity strengthening and transfer in the eight focused PHCDAs spread across Bayelsa, Katsina, Jigawa, Kebbi, Zamfara, Niger, Gombe and Taraba states.
- To bolster the HACT team, and to provide first-line support to the partners as well as sustainable financial management capacity strengthening for the State Primary Health Care Development Agency (PHCDA), a team of three roving consultants for the above-mentioned states for Nigeria Country office (NCO) is to be recruited.
- In collaboration with the health section, work with the State Consultants (SCs) at the eight DFAs in ensuring financial reporting and monitoring in compliance with programme work plans and established financial management SOP.
- Conduct state-specific good practices capacity development for PHCDA teams based on lessons learned to improve financial management.
- Roll out, train and support the partners in the use of the accounting system.
- Conduct review after adaption of accounting software
- Conduct quarterly spot checks for partners.
- Under the overall guidance of the health section, lead the Review and Support the State PHCDA in developing its annual budget and work plan when relevant.
- Conduct Financial Assurance activities for identified partners according to the spot checks TOR& guidelines.
- Provide support in conducting HACT training for partners and other HACT functions
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and/or a professional accounting qualification e.g CPA, ICAN and ACCA.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with an additional 2 years work experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
- Financial Management experience in a reputable organization.
- In-depth knowledge of internal auditing and accounting systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with training and facilitation of group learning processes.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Application Closing Date
27th June, 2023 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors.
- Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
- The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment. It does not apply to consultants who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, programme delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their consultancy contracts.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Communications and Social Media Officer at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Consultancy on Audit of Microfinance Institution at Danish Refugee Council
- Consultancy for Trachoma End of Project Evaluation at Fred Hollows Foundation
- National Programme Officer – Corruption Risk Mitigation (UNODC) at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)