Job Advert: New Business Development Coordinator – Green Climate Fund
The New Business Development Coordinator – Green Climate Fund (NBDC – GCF) is a middle-level position within the Country Office. In cooperation with Save the Children Italy member, and in collaboration with the Zimbabwe Country Office, the NBDC – GCF will work with the Head of Programme Development and Quality in the preparation of the Green Climate Fund concept note and proposal.
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in climate change adaptation programming at local or regional levels, with a background in social sciences, humanities or development with a minimum of a relevant first degree.
- 5-7 years’ experience in both climate change adaptation programme design and implementation. Experience and understanding of Green Climate Fund would be a strong added value.
- Contribute to new business development of the Country Office by coordinating all processes in regards the Green Climate Fund opportunity.
- Coordinate closely with Save the Children Italy, Climate Change Technical Experts, local and regional New Business Development teams to kick-off, plan and effectively carryout the GCF Concept Note and proposal development process, supporting the coordination of technical and awards staff in both offices, ensuring regular communication and updates are shared throughout the process.
- Ensure that Programme Quality Framework and Theory of Change is addressed in the Concept Note and proposal, and that key elements of programme quality are included (e.g. child participation, child safeguarding, gender, resilience, evidence-based approaches, research, lessons learned from past and ongoing programs and projects, accountability mechanisms, risk assessments, advocacy and communications, and effective and sustainable partnerships).
- Excellent writing/editing, reporting, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million dollar, and multi-year project budgets.
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Experience in designing of agroforestry, forest management and resilience programs.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and computer literate
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
To apply, follow the link below, attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Application Deadline – 30 September 2022
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. Save the Children is an equal employment employer, therefore, female applicants and those living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Supply Chain Assistant at Save the Children
- Senior Technical Advisor – Social Behavior Change at Pact
- Assistant Resettlement Officer at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
- Peacebuilding Advisor- Peace Strategy for Women and Youth at International Organization for Migration
- Peacebuilding and fundraising internship with child soldier org at Grassroots Reconciliation Group