The New Business Development Officer will work on the organization’s new business efforts in Africa through a mix of regular and on-demand tasks. Under the guidance of the New Business and Grants Manager, s/he will work to win local business, as well as provide support to other business efforts.
- Facilitate winning new business in Nigeria and other business units.
- Support the development of proposals across market segments – donor, foundation, private sector and Government of Nigeria.
- Support interdepartmental coordination with Program, Operations, Awards and Finance team for proposal development.
- Develop and recommend short-term and long-term strategies for business expansion through identifying new business in Nigeria.
- Proactively track and engage with market segments to identify business opportunities
- Provide proposal inputs to proposals managed by other business units to include but not limited to identification and engagement of local partner, research and proposal draft reviews
- Facilitate field research for proposal development
- Conduct on-line background/contextual research and analysis of relevance to proposal opportunities.
- Generate standard monthly reports and customized monthly reports for the knowledge management team
- Cultivate strong relationships with potential clients, while maintaining existing client relationships
- Track data, collate and maintain client information as needed
- Other duties as specified by the New Business and Grants Manager and other assigned authorities.
- Support the Country Office to successfully win and manage medium and large grants, including support management of Country Portfolio and setting financial targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Development Practice, Social Science, Political Science, International Relations or relevant field; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in international development, with solid experience in at least two priority sectors: education, protection, humanitarian, child rights governance, health and nutrition.
- Demonstrated experience in business development in the development sector, inclusive of proposal development for donor organizations like USAID, DFID, World Bank, FCO.
- Proven track record in writing and producing winning bids and proposals for institutional donors, corporates / private sector and others.
- Strong understanding and experience with institutional donor funding mechanisms and contract regulations.
- Excellent writing/editing, reporting, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million-dollar project budgets.
How to apply
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com with the Job Title as the subject, i.e., “New Business Development Officer”
Only Nigerian nationals or people with a Nigerian work permit can apply, as sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
Note: Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.