Scope of Work
Position Title: Embedded State Drug Revolving Fund (DRF) Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consultants (TO2/TO3/TO4)
Classification: STTA (Local)
Level of Effort /Fixed term contract: 185 days
Location: Bauchi, Kebbi, Sokoto, Ebonyi, FCT.
Background: The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program and USAID’s Maternal Newborn and Child Health Program. The Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
GHSC-PSM works to support the USAID’s Health Population and Nutrition Office on Maternal, Newborn and Child Health interventions to increase access to quality, lifesaving MNCH commodities thereby saving lives and improving the health of women, children, and newborns. In Nigeria, GHSC-PSM has been asked to focus its efforts, in collaboration with other USAID implementing partners to strengthen/reform the Drug Revolving Fund (DRF) systems in eleven PMI States and FCT aligning with sustainable strategies.
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Consultant to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. The objective of this billable short-term assignment is to serve as the state DRF M&E Consultant for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project.
The DRF M&E Consultants will support the eleven PMI states and FCT on the establishment of DRF M&E system in MNCH focus states for continuous tracking, reporting, and supply chain performance management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Develop and Implement a DRF Monitoring and Evaluation Plan
· Work collaboratively with the states to understudy the structure of each states DMCMA to understand their peculiarities to provide technical support that ensures a sustainable supply chain system with focus on establishing and deploying monitoring and evaluation systems.
· In collaboration with respective states support the DMCMA to review DRF goals and objectives, conduct desk review of DRF initiation documents including work plans do develop M&E result framework taking into cognizance respective states priorities.
· Support the development and deployment of requisite data management tools for processing, collecting, analyzing and storage of the DRF logistic and financial transactions
· Conduct capacity assessment of the Agency personnel identified to attain required skill set in carrying out DRF Monitoring and Evaluation function with a capacity building plan developed based on identified gaps.
· Provide technical assistance and mentorship in establishing a rigorous performance management culture for the DRF in respective state by facilitating data use for objective decision making.
· Facilitate the design of state specific DRF performance monitoring dashboard
· Provide technical support in carrying out routine DRF monitoring and supervisory visit, specifically building the capacity of the state DRF M&E team to deploy online data collection tool (Kobo) and subsequent data processing and analysis.
· Facilitate the design and use of state specific DRF reporting template that will be used for routine reporting of DRF activities and performance.
· Develop a comprehensive narrative report on all deliverables, Slide deck and soft copies of both final and modifiable versions of all reviewed and developed documents.
The following deliverables and schedule are due of the Consultant.
Inception report and draft implementation plan
14 business days from start date
Monthly progress reports
3 days before the last working day of the month
State specific DRF Monitoring and evaluation plan
40 business day from start date.
- State specific M&E capacity development plan
30 business days from start date
- State specific DRF performance monitoring dashboard
60th business day from start date.
Trainings conducted for M&E staff on the use of Kobo data collection platform, data processing and analysis.
60th business day from start
- State Deployed Kobo forms for MSV and rapid DRF facility assessment
60th business day from start date
- State DRF routine reports
As determined by State DRF reporting schedule in the Life of the consultancy
State Monitoring and supervisory visits report
As determined in the schedule for state MSV within Life span of the consultancy
The Consultant shall deliver to USAID GHSC-PSM the following deliverables, in accordance with the schedule set forth in the table above.
Deliverable No. 1: Inception report and draft implementation plan
Deliverable 1 is a Microsoft Word narrative and accompanying Excel Gantt chart that provides an updated and detailed description and chronology of activities required to complete the scope of work. The narrative should 2- 3 pages maximum with an accompanying GANTT chart. The activity plan should reflect the preparation work conducted as outlined above.
Deliverable No. 2: Monthly Activity Report
Monthly outputs of the activities as defined in the approved implementation plan will be submitted in the week following end of each month during the contract period. The report must be a one-to-two pager in Word format and include any relevant slides, graphics, illustrations and/or diagrams outlining weekly achievements and next steps.
Deliverable No. 3: State specific DRF M&E Plan
This deliverable comprises a Microsoft Word document which comprises of the key thematic sections of state DRF M&E Plan, including background/introduction, DRF Goal and Objectives, Problem statemen where applicable, Theory of change, Intermediate result framework, Indicators, Data collection tools, Data Flow Charts, Data management plan, Evaluation plan, Data use and dissemination, Performance Indicator Reference Sheet etc. PowerPoint slide deck that provided a summary of the M&E Plan ‘
Deliverable No. 4: State specific M&E capacity development plan
This deliverable consists of a word document and PowerPoint slides will summarize key findings of the organizational assessment and highlight action plan to address the gaps. It will also detail the roles and responsibilities of government entities, how GHSC-PSM will assist in building capacity and what the expected outcomes of capacity building activities are. The plan will include the anticipated costs for achieving the deliverables. **
Deliverable No. 5: State specific DRF performance monitoring dashboard
This deliverable is a Power BI or an excel dashboard which can be printed as both PDF and Word document, the dashboard describes the current status of DRF implementation in the state, detailing the scope and key performance indicators and concise narrative to provide context. The Visuals employed should facilitate easy interpretation of performance and drive action amongst stakeholders. This deliverable involves contextualizing the dashboard, designing, and facilitating its use.
Deliverable No. 6: Trainings conducted for M&E staff on the use of Kobo data collection platform, data processing and analysis.
This deliverable is a suite of training materials that includes power point presentation, word documents that contains training illustration, workflows and processes, compilations of reference materials. Where applicable videos should be included. Also, important are sample datasets for hands on training on data processing and analysis. The deliverable should be accompanied with training reports
Deliverable No. 7: State Deployed Kobo forms for MSV and rapid DRF facility assessment
This deliverable includes fully developed data collection forms on Kobo which the state DRF M&E team has access to with administrative rights. The hyperlinks and login details are requirements for this deliverable.
Deliverable No. 8: State DRF routine reports
The Deliverable comprises a comprehensive narrative Microsoft word report with supporting pictures, summary Power-point slide deck and soft copies of final and modifiable versions of all reviewed and developed documents. The Comprehensive Narrative Report should comprise an executive summary, a background / introductory section, methodology / process section describing activities carried out, a section on findings / outcomes, recommendations, stakeholder engagements, feedback incorporation, challenges, and conclusion. The slide deck should be approximately 10-15 slides in length.
Deliverable No. 9: State Monitoring and supervisory visits report
The deliverable covers a narrative Microsoft word report with supporting summary Power-point slide deck (minimum of 10 slides). The Comprehensive Narrative Report should comprise an executive summary, a background / introductory section, methodology (scope, sampling, data collection tool , limitations, trainings) , a section on results(with focus on KPI and trends ), findings and recommendations, stakeholder , challenges, and conclusion.
Final payment will be contingent upon formal acceptance and the submission of all work product accomplished under the planned contract.
· Bachelor’s degree in a Science/Social Science discipline or a related field, a master’s degree in relevant field is an added advantage.
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in an M&E position, with responsibilities for implementing M&E activities for USAID or international donor-funded development projects
· Proven experience in designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation systems for public health programs / projects or logistic services in Nigeria.
· Experience in planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing Performance Management Plans
· Knowledge of evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative / quantitative), data collection and analysis methodologies; experience with innovative and electronic, real-time monitoring methods highly desired
· Proficiency in software packages; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access),
· Proficiency in use of data analytical and reporting tools such as Power BI, SPSS, Stata, R, Python. EPI INFO, etc.
· Advance knowledge on the use of Power BI and Power query for data analysis and reporting
· Proficiency in the use of online data collection tools such as SurveyCTO , Kobo ,Magpi etc.
· Demonstrated experience in working with government structures at central or sub-national levels
· Attendance in any logistic training at least 5days training on core areas of logistics
· Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, RH, TB, MNCH or Malaria programs strongly desired
· Ability and willingness to travel in the field
· Fluency in English is required
The DRF M&E Consultant will report directly to Technical Director TQM or designee during the activity.
How to apply
To apply, please see the link below