COOPI is looking for a Programme Development Officer in Nigeria
COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014 to carry out a rapid evaluation of the most relevant constraints suffered by the Internally Displaced People (IDPs) displaced by the food crisis and the Boko Haram insurgency in the Lake Chad Basin. COOPI’s aim is to support the most basic and pressing needs of communities affected by the conflict.
COOPI is providing a multi-sectoral emergency response to the IDPs, returnees and host population focused on food security, nutrition, protection and education. COOPI main area of intervention is Yobe and Borno State and expanding our programs to Northwest of Nigeria.
Purpose of the role
The Programme Development Officer is the focal point of COOPI’s program in the Capital Abuja, North East and North West of Nigeria. In consultation with the Head of Mission, coordinates and evaluates all aspects of the COOPI projects, and facilitates the flow of information from the field to the capital. The Programme Development Officer also plays a strategic role for COOPI’s external relationships, liaising with consortium partners and stakeholders in collaboration with the HoM.
- Coordinates and supports the development of concept notes, proposals and situation analysis, including organizing design meetings, drafting proposal development timelines, reviewing and harmonizing technical inputs, drafting sections of the proposal or annexes when required, ensuring that technical and support functions are working in a coordinated manner, and consolidating final proposal packages for the review of the HoM;
- Keeps updated donor intelligence information (donor mapping, analysis of donor strategies, tracking of upcoming opprotunties, filing of donor meeting minutes);
- Analyzes humanitarian needs and response, collecting, summarizing and analyzing information from external sources and from technical advisors for future opportunities.
- Provides programmatic support to the mission by organizing project review meetings and spreading information efficiently among the project team and administrative, HR and logistic teams;
- Supports project teams to identify corrective and preventative actions and elaborates project amendments as needed;
- Works with PMs to ensure compliance with donor and reporting requirements and internal policies;
- With the MEAL unit and PMs, updates program planning tools and M&E system and tools, and alignes internal M&E tools with sector and donor requirements along with the project teams;
- Ensures capacity-building of the project teams.
- Keeps an updated track and communicates upcoming deadlines to the team, including organizing internal deadlines to ensure compliance with external requirements;
- Reviews, edits and consolidates reports for donors, sector working groups, and government agencies’ reports.
- Represents COOPI at stakeholder and consortium partner meetings;
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with donors and local stakeholder networks (INGO forum, OCHA humanitarian coordination, sector working groups, local authorities, etc.).
- Provides briefing papers and supports the development of external communication tools relevant for donor visits/meetings;
- Ensures regular archiving of project information at the mission level.
Education / Experiences
- Master’s degree in International Development or related fields;
- Previous experience of at least 2 years with an international humanitarian INGO;
- Excellent knowledge of project cycle-management, including project M&E, grants management and reporting;
- Previous experience in writing project proposals;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Previous experience in Western African country is an advantage.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities and demonstrated capacity of teamwork;
- Adequate resilience to stress;
- Strong commitment to follow the rules and procedures of the organization;
- Excellent inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
How to apply
Please send your CV and Cover Letter: https://www.coopi.org/it/posizione-lavorativa.html?id=4453&ln=