Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Post: Nutrition Advisor, Kenya
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Nutrition Advisor for an anticipated program in Kenya funded by USAID. The activity will improve the resilience of vulnerable populations and environments by increasing the capability of local communities, institutions, and ecosystems to mitigate against recurrent environmental, economic, socio and political risks, shocks and stressors.
The Nutrition Advisor will lead the development, implementation, and monitoring of nutrition-sensitive interventions and activities across the entirety of the program. The program is anticipated to start in 2023 and this position is envisioned to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Support, manage, and advocate for the integration of high quality and responsive approaches across the entirety of the program to increase availability, affordability, access to and consumption of safe, nutritious foods, particularly for women, youth, and other vulnerable groups
- Oversee the implementation of field research to identify key opportunities for increasing food availability, affordability, accessibility, for the consumption of safe, nutritious food
- Co-create the design and implementation of interventions that increase household production, access to, purchase, and consumption of nutrient-rich foods, particularly for women, youth, and other vulnerable groups, applying nutrition-sensitive best practices and support and input from ACDI/VOCA Home Office Technical Experts
- Provide technical guidance on the development of tools, resources, and models to facilitate the integration of nutrition into agriculture and market systems development interventions
- Design and conduct participatory workshops on nutrition-sensitive agriculture and/or food systems for program participants, including households, private sectors actors, and government
- Facilitate the increased capacity of all staff members in nutrition
- Implement Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) best practices to inform and scale-up nutrition and food systems interventions
- Manage and direct implementation teams to carry out project activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, public health, or relevant field required; master’s degree preferred
- 5 years of experience integrating nutrition into agriculture and/or market systems development projects
- Experience working with food systems actors, including rural producers, farmers’ associations, agribusinesses, private sector agricultural production, private sector food processors, or governments desired
- Understanding of gender- and youth-integrated agriculture concepts and ability to integrate gender into nutrition-sensitive approaches
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze a variety of information pertaining to issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action
- Excellent written communication skills required, with a demonstrated ability to write reports in a clear, concise manner
- Experience working in Kenya preferred
- Fluency in English required
Kenyan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.