AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 7 states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide.
We are recruiting highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the full-time position below:
Job Title: Office / Front Desk Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Operations Manager
- The Office/Front Desk Assistant will sit at the front desk and act as receptionist by providing customer services and will also provide support to Country Program Director’s office.
- The assistant will provide secretariat services for AHF Nigeria country office and support operations and procurement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The officer will act as front desk or receptionist at AHF Nigeria country office
- The assistant will provide secretariat services for AHF Nigeria country office and also support operations.
- S/He will support inventory management, maintenance and updating of fixed asset records
- Provides administrative support to the Country Program Director:
- Prepares monthly credit card, petty cash, and reimbursement reports for AHF finance department / local accountancy firm.
- Maintains and manages meeting calendar.
- Maintains and updates contacts database.
- Answers incoming phone-calls; oversee office voicemail.
- Collects and distributes incoming mail / arrange courier services when needed.
- Oversees office supply inventory, orders as needed.
- Develops and maintains filing system (mainly digital and also hardcopy when strictly needed);
- Monitors vendor invoices & accounts payable.
- Assist with visa applications (getting invitation letters);
- Check the email account on a daily basis, and forward information requests to the appropriate people.
- Communicate with accountancy firm on payment of invoices and on reimbursement of expense reports.
- Send original invoices, receipts and expense reports to the accountancy firm.
- Makes external hard disk backups of all updated files.
- Coordinates standing and ad-hoc teleconferences and meetings; send reminders, maintains, and distributes meeting minutes and action-item grids
- Writes minutes for each one of the AHF Global teleconference meeting
- Provides administrative and logistical support for AHF Nigeria
- Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Get All the Latest International NGO jobs, Humanitarian jobs, NGO Job Vacancies in Africa, Nigeria 2022 at NGOJobsAfrica
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Administration or Finance related field.
- Two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in computer operations (Use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in pursuit of deadlines
- Interest and/or experience in: HIV/AIDS related work; non-profit sector; development work in resource constrained settings
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar Administrative Assistant capacity, providing logistical and secretarial support in an international environment
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, international environment.
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Also, your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS word or PDF format.