DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods, and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is seeking to recruit a competent and energetic Kenyan National for a position as Operations Assistant. The position is based in Nairobi – with some travel to DCA’s offices in Nakuru and Kakuma anticipated – and reports to the Head of Finance and Support Services (HoFSS) based in Nairobi.
The main responsibilities of the Operations Assistant are:
Human Resources (HR) & Administration:
- Make travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel reservations.
- Reconcile hotel, air tickets & taxi expense reports & requesting for payments.
- Support event planning, including sourcing and booking venues, confirming attendance, and preparing materials.
- Update staff leave records.
- Assist in shortlisting candidates during recruitment processes.
Procurement & Logistics (ProLog):
- Assist in conducting market surveys when required and give feedback on market trends.
- Assist in ensuring that all procurements are completed on time and updated on DCA’s online system (ADMIND).
- Assist in preparation of project bid advertisements, bidding documents, evaluation reports, requests for proposals for consulting services, draft contracts, and all other procurement cycle activity documents.
- Assist Pro-Log in archiving management.
- Assist in tracking monthly country logistics reports.
- Maintain updated assets register for DCA Kenya assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences in any of these fields: Administration, Human Resource Management, Social Studies
- Knowledge and demonstrated prior experience of administrative, procurement and human resources policies and procedures
- Good communications skills
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office – particularly MS Outlook, Word & Excel, Teams)
- High level of motivation, integrity and commitment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA offers: The position is for 12 months (renewable), with a three-month probation period. DCA offers a competitive salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political, or ethnic affiliation. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.
Work-related travels are expected in this position.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Sub Office Manager at African Initiatives for Relief and Development
- Finance Officer at Oxfam GB
- Chief of Party | Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo | 2022 at Chemonics
- DIRECTOR – INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC GROWTH at Mercy Corps
- Information Management Specialist at USAID