Position: Operations Manager
Pact seeks a highly qualified Operations Manager for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Zambia Integrated HIV and Health (ZIH) Activity. The five-year project will be led by Pact in partnership with the Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia, Circle of Hope, Mothers2Mothers, Copper Rose Zambia, Zambia Network of Young People Living with HIV, and Viamo. Zambia Integrated Health will improve health outcomes of Zambians through equitable access to high-quality health services in the areas of client-centered HIV, HIV/TB, MNCH, Family Planning and Reproductive Health. It will reduce mortality, morbidity, and HIV transmission for sub-populations in Northwestern, Copperbelt, and Central Provinces. Pact will work closely with the Government of the Republic of Zambia to attain the country’s goal of reaching HIV epidemic control (95-95-95) by 2030. The activity will be delivered through three main components, namely:
- Increase coverage of comprehensive and person-centered HIV, TB/HIV, FP/RH, MNCH prevention, diagnosis, care, treatment and support services in both communities and health facilities;
- Increase utilization of community and facility-based quality and person-centered integrated HIV, TB/HIV, FP/RH, MNCH services; and
- Increase capacities of Provincial and District Health Offices to improve quality and sustain Direct Service Delivery of integrated HIV, TB/HIV, FP/RH, MNCH during and beyond the life of the activity.
The Operations Manager is a full-time position based in Ndola, Zambia. S/he will be responsible for oversight of ZIH Activity operations across three target Provinces (Copperbelt, Northwestern, Central), in coordination with Operations/Logistics staff based at the Lusaka, Provincial and District Hub Offices. S/he works in close coordination with the Director -Finance Management and Operations, Senior Program Manager, and other staff to oversee office Administration, Fleet, Inventory, and Information Technology. This Position directly supervises the Operations and Logistics Officer (Lusaka Office), Provincial Hub Operations and Logistics Assistants, Operations Assistant / Receptionist (Lusaka), and Senior IT Officer (Lusaka).
This is a Zambia based local Position and open to Zambian nationals only.
- Assist the Director-Finance Management and Operations with daily activity management, contributing to project decision-making by providing input on operations, fleet, IT and general administrative status of ZIH.
- Collaborate with the Director – Finance Management and Operations on contract-related matters to ensure compliance with USAID and Pact policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ensure maximum utilization of existing Pact tools such as workbooks, operation trackers, and others to ensure smooth running, operational efficiency and implementation of ZIH.
- Ensure that all standard documentation requirements across ZIH offices in the area of operations and administration, inventory, fleet, and IT are audit ready.
- Collaborate with the Finance Manager, and other personnel including technical teams to ensure programmatic activities are in synch (coherent) with operational requirements and provisions.
- Serve as the point of contact between office landlords and Pact to ensure office premises are well managed.
- Provide oversight for all fleet and transportation related activities ensuring adequate internal controls are in place to guarantee effective management of fleet including fuel, security, maintenance as well as overall supervision of logistics assistants / drivers.
- Hold regular meetings with the operations and logistics team.
- Oversee the management of inventory to ensure that all inventory listings are maintained accurately and are up to date as per USAID and Pact guidelines.
- Maintain systems to adequately track and monitor contracts related to office maintenance, administrative services, utilities, supplies, etc.
- Collaborate with the ZIH Finance team to ensure that vendor billing is promptly reconciled and payments are made in a timely manner.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public/Business Administration, Management, Finance or equivalent
- A minimum ten (10) years’ experience in administration and operations management
- Demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and eager to work in a fast-paced multicultural organization
- Experience with U.S. acquisition programs of similar size, complexity and setting preferred.
- Experience in U.S. government cost principles, rules and regulations and application of these in program decision-making
- Demonstrated experience supporting and working with program technical staff to ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office applications
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
At Pact, we recognize your impact, offer you opportunities and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings may include healthcare, retirement (8.8% to 13% based on service tenure) and savings plans, paid time off, disability and life insurance programs, learning and development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections .
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Pact seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Pact. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
How to apply
Please apply on our website. https://careers-pactworld.icims.com