Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts.
INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO works in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries with its headquarters in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
INSO Lake Chad Basin – Nigeria
INSO Lake Chad Basin (LCB) began in April 2016 with the establishment of an office in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The Maiduguri field office is supported by a country office in Abuja, and the platform currently supports more than 70 partners in Nigeria. An upsurge of conflict between armed groups has led to increased humanitarian needs. By providing analysis and advice on the dynamic security environment, we are assisting partners to stay and deliver aid to people who are displaced and in need. Working with INSO in the Lake Chad basin region, will provide a unique opportunity to directly enable NGOs to do their job safely.
As the Operations Manager, you will report directly to the Country Director- Lake Chad Basin and work closely with the Operations and Human Resources teams at Headquarters. You will oversee the various support services for our teams in Nigeria.
- Lead and coordinate national staff on-boarding and coordinate with HQ HR on international staff onboarding.
- Coordinate and monitor national staff performance monitoring, grievance management, etc.
- Prepare national staff monthly payroll.
- Provide support to internal and external audit requests.
- Act as the in-country project management focal point for all HR.
- Act as safeguarding focal point.
Legal and Compliance
- Ensure all necessary legal and regulatory documents are filed with national authorities to maintain INSO’s in-country registrations.
- Create a tracker for renewal of INSO registration documents as well as staff visas and work permits.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Lead audit follow-up and implement recommendations in all areas of Operations.
Facilities and Asset Management
- Manage the entire scope of facilities management.
- Prepare and maintain the country office’s leases and contracts with suppliers.
- Equip and maintain all staff facilities and vehicles.
- Establish and maintain a central asset register.
Procurement and Logistics
- Enforce compliance with Procurement and Logistics regulations.
- Oversee full implementation of procurement processes.
- Enforce all controls to prevent fraud and corruption.
- Carry out routine local market surveys for goods and services.
- Carry out supplier checks and vet them against anti-terror or sanction lists.
- Manage and implement INSO fleet guidelines policy.
- Contribute to donor reporting in area of asset management/logistics/procurement.
Safety and Security
- Serve as the focal point for the Global Risk & Safety Manager.
- In coordination with the Global Safety & Risk Manager, update the Country Security Management Plan (CSMP) and Security Risk Assessment (SRA).
- Ensure appropriate steps are taken to safeguard INSO facilities, vehicles, and assets.
- Ensure drivers and guards are briefed on country safety and security protocols.
- Ensure new staff/consultants/visitors are oriented and trained on the Country Security Management Plan.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized academic institution.
- At least 5 years of progressive Operations experience, at least 2 years with an NGO or international organisation.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work to set deadlines.
- Proficient use of MS Office and experience with database management.
- Previous experience with logistics and procurement.
- General knowledge of donor procurement regulations.
- Existing knowledge of INSO and affinity with its mission.
- Experience as a user or admin of HRIS.
- Prior field experience in West Africa in a similar position a plus.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
Terms & Conditions
12-month renewable contract, €4,550 per month salary, 4 calendar days annual leave per month, 3 days of R&R every 3 months with a €1,250 R&R allowance each cycle, global medical coverage (excluding USA) and AD&D Insurance.
How to apply
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference ‘Operations Manager’ in the subject line. Please include the following documents:
- Updated CV.
- Cover letter detailing why you are interested in working for INSO and how your qualifications align with this role.
Please do not send any additional information. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Afrique de l’Ouest – Administrateur Régional at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- Chief of Party, Mauritania at World Vision
- Project Development Officer – Juba at ACTED
- Project Development Manager – Khartoum at ACTED
- Directeur.trice Pays Adjoint – Opérations de terrain & Mise en Œuvre Projets – Ouagadougou at ACTED