Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The USAID/Kenya & East Africa (KEA) Mission seeks to advance self-reliance for Kenya and the broader region. To support USAID/KEA to align programming toward promoting self-reliance outcomes, SoCha LLC and its subcontractor Social Impact implement a mission support program to enable USAID to pivot into this journey to self-reliance (J2SR).
USAID/KEA has placed a strong emphasis on organizational development (OD) to continue improving internal organizational effectiveness so that the Mission can achieve its vision. As articulated by the Mission’s OD Working Group, the underlying theory of change is that in order to effectively support KEA’s J2SR, USAID/KEA must change the way it works. To change the way USAID/KEA works, the Mission must become a learning organization that prioritizes five key themes:
- Integrated Programming
- Locally Led Development
- High Performing Teams
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Leadership & FSN Empowerment
Through a concerted focus on these themes over the past six months, USAID/KEA has made progress on OD throughout the Mission, as demonstrated in the recent Pause & Reflect session held by the OD Working Group. However, it has been difficult to capture that progress in a systematic way. The OD Working Group has proposed to develop an OD Maturity Tool to allow teams to determine where they stand on the five OD themes and track their progress along an articulated spectrum of maturity over time.
USAID/KEA is looking to MSP to develop an OD Maturity Tool that articulates what maturity looks like for Mission teams for the five OD themes across four levels—Nascent, Emerging, Expanding, and Mature—and to develop a facilitation approach for the tool. The role for this consultancy will be to refine the draft tool developed by MSP staff and develop the facilitation approach and supporting materials for its use by Mission teams and offices. The consultant will work closely with the MSP OD Team and report to the team lead, MSP’s Organizational Learning Advisor.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Kenyan citizenship will be considered.
MSP’s STTA OD consultant will:
- Review MSP’s draft OD Maturity Tool and other key background documents from the OD Working Group related to the Mission’s OD Framework as well as other maturity tools, including USAID’s CLA Maturity Tool
- Work with the MSP OD team and the OD working group to review and revise the tool content
- Draft both virtual and in-person facilitation approaches and related facilitation materials (e.g., sample workshop agendas, slides, surveys, etc.)
- Pilot the facilitation of the tool with 2-3 teams identified by the Mission as volunteers
- Refine the tool content and facilitation approach based on the pilots
- Conduct a training of facilitators for Mission and MSP staff
- Provide a workshop for the Mission on maturity models and how to develop a maturity tool
- Final OD Maturity Tool
- Facilitation approach/guide for both virtual and in-person facilitation
- Facilitation materials (e.g., sample workshop agendas, slides, surveys, etc.)
- Facilitator training
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational, communications, social sciences, business management or a related field. Master’s is preferred.
- At least 14 years of experience with event management, facilitation, CLA, organizational learning, adaptive management, change management, monitoring and evaluation, communications and/or knowledge management in the private sector or international development sector
- Strong facilitation skills with experience designing and delivering learning events, meetings, and trainings.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with local professionals, international donor organizations, civil society and private sector, host country government counterparts, and other implementing partners in developing countries.
- Must be a legal resident of Kenya.
- Excellent communication skills and strong proficiency in written and spoken English
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply
All interested candidates should apply through SI’s career center: