Save the Children International Kenya Wajir and Garissa Office, has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Outreach Assistant The role holder will be in charge of managing integrated health and nutrition outreaches in various location in Wajir and Garissa counties. S/he will support nutrition mass screening programmes on partnership with the sub-counties health officials and other partners at the community level. S/he will ensure that outreach is done in line with MoH and SCI standards. Oversee outreach mobilization programmes, and support the MoH to collect and collate date for outreaches. S/he will also ensure effective referral system between the outreach site and link health care facilities. .In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract Duration: 6 Months (Humanitarian)
No of Vacancies: 9 Garissa & 8 Wajir
Location: Wajir and Garissa
Nationality: Kenya National only
Qualification and Experience
- Qualified nurse with primary health care / community health care experience, Public Health, or Nutrition
- Bachelor of Science qualification will be added advantage.
- Experience of emergency nutrition work (preferably CMAM) and implementation of feeding programs, including monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in conducting nutrition assessments and an understanding of nutritional surveillance and information systems
- Proven capacity of management, leadership and teamwork
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Demonstrable ability at report writing.
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages.
- Experience of working with Microsoft’s office word, excel, PowerPoints and SPSS
- Very good knowledge, commitment and understanding of Child Safeguarding Policy, the aims and principles of Save the Children, and humanitarian standards such as the Sphere Charter and the Code of Conduct. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Understanding of the geographical area of intervention of Save the Children.
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
- Job City Kenya